Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boat Suggestions...

dicudmore
    my last boats were older Eliminators and anything older you have to poor money into. than i bought a new boat, but if i had to go back. I would just look for a good condition Hallett or Howard. no disrespect to other builders, every boat is perfect for someone but these two seem to outlast time better than most. Granted its no schiada, but the Vectors are fun....
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/7/79367957.htm
    cash talks....make it happen, first round of beers is on me on the water..best of luck, buy something you can keep, get parts for and know people can help you out on the history and hull work etc, be prepaired for everything and you will be happier.....
    I second that...the Vector is an AWESOME boat

Tom Brown
    I boat on Havasu, Mead, Mojave, Pleasant, the river and Tahoe (with a flatbottom...), you can be a sheep in the crowd with a yuppie boat or grow a pair and get a custom flatbottom (no 2 are the same).
    Lake Ape, before you take advice from Roman 1, you should be aware that he runs a boat rental and bait shop with the only boat for rent being his flat. I'm pretty sure he finances the business with money he made from heading the Apollo space program and inventing the internal combustion engine.

Lake Ape
    Hey Tom,
    Ever hear of that boat or the guy who splashed it in the above photo?
    This is the info that I got:
    Don Heydon of Pat's Fiberglass in Upland, CA built the boat. They built 3 off of the Ringleader, went to the LA Boat Show and got subpoened by Schiada for copying their boat. So, the 3 were all that were built

Lake Ape
    If I had only gotten to the eliminator a couple of hours earlier, I would be in a sweet Daytona right now!

Jordy
    Don Heydon of Pat's Fiberglass in Upland, CA built the boat. They built 3 off of the Ringleader, went to the LA Boat Show and got subpoened by Schiada for copying their boat. So, the 3 were all that were built
    Something like that will be hard to finance as well as it won't show up in NADA. Hell, my Riviera jet doesn't show up there either. Unfortunately, as far off as some of the NADA values are, that's all the boat loan places will go off of, as you have found out.

Lake Ape
    Something like that will be hard to finance as well as it won't show up in NADA. Hell, my Riviera jet doesn't show up there either. Unfortunately, as far off as some of the NADA values are, that's all the boat loan places will go off of, as you have found out.
    I have almost got Melissa to do regression on your boat Jordy according to NADA:
    Year Low High Change
    '81 TOTAL PRICE $31,960 $38,500
    '82 $33,630 $40,520 $2,020
    '83 $35,400 $42,650 $2,130
    '84 $37,260 $44,890 $2,240
    From the above the price decreases by about $2,020 each year but the decrease lessens each year by $110.
    So if you do this to your '76 I come up with this!
    '81 $38,500
    '80 $36,590
    '79 $34,790
    '78 $33,100
    '77 $31,510
    '76 $30,020

Jordy
    I have almost got Melissa to do regression on your boat Jordy according to NADA:
    Tell her to do that and hook you up and I'll be calling her for a loan when I'm ready after this one sells, so it's a win, win, win situation.

dicudmore
    Tell her to do that and hook you up and I'll be calling her for a loan when I'm ready after this one sells, so it's a win, win, win situation.
    sounds like a winner

surfer2001
    No disrespect to the flat bottom guys, but if you like to keep your filling in your teeth stay away from that type of boat. Havasu is rough most of the time; go for a smooth riding hull, especially if you will be taking females.
    It’s not fun listing to the bitching, “slow down it’s too ruff”.
    Deep-Vee hulls 25’ and above work really good.
    There are lots of good used boats out there now in your price range.
    Make sure it has plenty of power, under powered boat don’t sell.
    I’d also go with a stern drive, jets are not popular anymore, jets don’t turn unless you’ve got the power on, and they burn a ton gas.

dmontzsta
    No disrespect to the flat bottom guys, but if you like to keep your filling in your teeth stay away from that type of boat. Havasu is rough most of the time; go for a smooth riding hull, especially if you will be taking females.
    It’s not fun listing to the bitching, “slow down it’s too ruff”.
    Deep-Vee hulls 25’ and above work really good.
    There are lots of good used boats out there now in your price range.
    Make sure it has plenty of power, under powered boat don’t sell.
    I’d also go with a stern drive, jets are not popular anymore, jets don’t turn unless you’ve got the power on, and they burn a ton gas.
    no offense taken. :lightsabe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast