Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS/PS boats needed for Spanaway, WA race this weekend...>

Chris Kenner - PS681
    We are trying to get a field of at least 4 or more Pro Stock flatbottoms together for a race this coming weekend at Spanaway, WA. Currently we only have 3 boats confirmed. Myself - PS681, Lenny Baker PS78 & Charlie Marquard PS55. There are a number of SS/PS guys up here who are still waiting on parts or finishing new boats that are not ready to run. If anyone in the North West area has a flatbottom Nostalgia, SS or PS boat ready to go or if anyone else is wanting to make the trek to the North West to make a field to get some seat & test time in race conditions we would love to see you here. Please call me on 951 552 3524. Thank you.

CircleJerk
    Thanks Chris for the invitation, I'ts a first for me to be invited ever to a Seattle party! Two years ago in Chelan Wa. I went solo to enjoy one more SS race in the SS83 Lavey and was given royal treatment from the apba racers. My only goal was filling in the field in the event someone broke AND get more seat time. Jeff Gibson, came through with a spare kill switch (I always have electrical problems at their races) and others in the class helped me launch. Formitable veteran Doug Jancura had his newer Jones there and it would be my last conversations with one of the GREATS! Thank you all for the hospitality! It was a big thrill for me to be IN that SS field and an experience all of our Nostalgia racers should have! Myself and the boat were lost on their big sweeping corners but I felt real welcome even with the oldest-slowest boat there. It was great fun and probably the last this old guy will drive that fast.
    I racked my brain for someone actually READY to go THIS weekend and came up empty in both! jErKizoyd

uclahater
    Chris
    I would think if you can pull a full field for windsor you should at least be able to get 4 for this race :idea:
    Jim

uclahater
    Chris are you going to Red Bluff
    Jim

Chris Kenner - PS681
    Hey Jim,
    I have no idea what is going on with who & what we will be at Windsor, all I want to do is race & have fun. Yes you would think we could get a field of 4 boats up here but not so, it amazes me. At this stage I would say we will NOT be running this weekend which I am extremely dissapointed about, but such is life I guess. I am waiting for one racer up here to call me back tonight & we will make a decision then. Real shame I was really looking forward to racing on the Spanaway course, it is bitchin'. Yes will be at Red Bluff with the ss29 Broadminded Super Stock next weekend, can't wait, should be some great times. Will you be there?? See ya then hopefully mate.
    Boyd thanks so much for trying to come up with some one for us from the Nostalgia boats, appreciate your efforts greatly.
    CK

Chris,
    That sucks about the boat count. You won't have that problem in Red Bluff. Let me know if you need a room there. I may have one left.
    Tony Scarlata

Chris Kenner - PS681
    Hey Tony,
    Thanks for the sympathy, I need it!!!! I am still trying to put something together with someone that has an engine with no boat currenly & another who has a boat with no engine. Will know in the next hour if its going to happen. Fingers crossed. If you have a room spare for Red Bluff I will take it please, I need another one for for Dan who owns the red ss29 boat. Let me know if we can have it please mate, is it at the Super 8?? Thanks.
    CK

Chris Call me at 707 330-7374
    Tony

uclahater
    Chris I wasnt trying to stir the pot I was just under the impression that you guys had a lot of boats ready to come out
    I've got a Superstock Motor for sale for 12G's if someone needs a motor
    I'll be at Red Bluf being the K-5 bitch again :coffeycup

Chris Kenner - PS681
    Hey Jim,
    Cool mate, no no I didn't think you were stirring the pot, hehehe!!!! The North West is suffering a bit flatbottom wise at the moment, sort of frustrating when you got a chance to race but don't have enough boats to make it happen . I guess a number of guys are waiting on parts or still finishing boats etc... To my knowledge there are a number of other PS guys in other areas ready to go, hopefully!!!! How come you are selling your SS engine??? Look forward to having a beer with you next weekend when you are done for the day being the K-5 pit bitch
    CK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast