Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: PIT BULL: how many times have ya seen this one...

Bre
    Say it isn't true :jawdrop:
    Dog Attacks
    $100,000 verdict for 8 year old child mauled by an Akita.
    $100,000 settlement for a 3 year old child attacked by a Golden Retriever
    found on http://jacquart-lowe.com/CM/Custom/TOCCases.asp

Bre
    :supp:
    12-year-old boy, Jarrod Dwyer, was mauled to death by his brother's Bull Mastiff-Great Dane cross in an outer-western Melbourne suburb.
    The family arrived home to find Jarrod injured in the backyard but he died at the scene from blood loss and "extensive injuries to his face and head".
    A detective who arrived at the scene attempted to go to the boy's assistance and the dog attacked him.
    He fired two shots at the dog before it fled. It was later destroyed at the family's request.
    Apparently this was not the dog's first attack on a child.
    This attack is a tragedy in so many ways. For those of us who own pets, the thought of a dog attacking and killing one of its own family is worrisome. Will our own dogs do the same? Are our children and family at risk?
    This attack is certainly the exception and not the rule. Dog owners who are sensible about the manner in which they manage interactions between their dogs and their children should have no problems but if there are warning signs from your dog such as barking, yapping or mouthing when it is playing - please don't ignore them.
    It worries me the risks that some people take. On air once, a caller asked me an amazing question "My Saint Bernard cross is mouthing my two year old son's shoulder and head when they play. Should I be worried?"
    The dog weighed 80 kilograms, the lad 15 kilograms. I'm sure I don't need to emphasise the risk.
    The tragedy involving Jarrod was unusual because Jarrod was no infant. He was a 12-year-old boy and, from the photos, a robust and healthy twelve year old too. We may never know what happened but something has gone awfully wrong.
    Children are extremely vulnerable to dog attacks because they are often of similar height to the dog. It is not surprising, therefore, that research at the Royal Children's Hospital in Brisbane has shown that the face and head are the commonest sites of bite wounds in children and, where the face is bitten, the lips and nose are more often affected. Three quarters of dog attacks in children occur in boys, and toddlers of about two to three years of age and also children at about 10 years of age are more likely to be attacked. More bites occur on the weekends and one in seventeen cases require admission to a hospital.

Aqua Boogie1
    Say it isn't true :jawdrop:
    Dog Attacks
    $100,000 verdict for 8 year old child mauled by an Akita.
    $100,000 settlement for a 3 year old child attacked by a Golden Retriever
    found on http://jacquart-lowe.com/CM/Custom/TOCCases.asp
    WOW Bre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You mean its not a PIT BULL!!!!

Tom Brown
    I'm going to defuse nuclear bombs in my garage. I hope I don't make a mistake and kill everyone in the city but it's a chance I'm prepared to take.

HM
    I'm going to defuse nuclear bombs in my garage. I hope I don't make a mistake and kill everyone in the city but it's a chance I'm prepared to take.
    Anything is better than your bran diet.

Bre
    WOW Bre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You mean its not a PIT BULL!!!!
    nope :wink:
    Dog owners need to step up and take care of their dogs and love them.

C-2
    :supp:
    12-year-old boy, Jarrod Dwyer, was mauled to death by his brother's Bull Mastiff-Great Dane cross in an outer-western Melbourne suburb.
    Now that's a dog. Damn scary one.
    Nothing like a little cross-breeding to keep things interesting.

HM
    Michigan and Pennsylvania restricts breed profiling, and a bill in the Washington state House of Representatives seeks to prevent insurers from banning breeds as well.
    Also, gender of the dog, neutering(or lack of), and restrained dogs play more of a role in killings than actual breed as represented by the laws being changed in states to restrict breed profiling.

egg beater
    Well years ago, it was the Doberman Pinchers. Known for turning on thier owners and other people. I don't know..................I just don't agree with doing away with the breed. You do that, instead of drug dealers on the corner selling drugs, they'll be selling pit bulls too............................. Just me guys..............Im done.
    I was chased by a pincher at a young age - I made in to a car via the window -- I was safe - except i pissed my pants ----- dam what a rush

Ducatista
    In the winter season you will often find a Rott, Shar Pei, and Bull Terrier in our boat...talk about gettin the look from some people as we cruise by. They make terrible boating dogs, hog the seats, and are just plain evil...I say kill them all!
    Just look at these bad dogs!...http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...86Dcam0012.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...86Dcam0003.jpg
    Our next ones gunna be a Cane Corso! :devil:
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...i_Bravo_1_.jpg

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast