Thread: INTERIOR SHOPS

GottaJet
    Ok,I need help from all you guys who know of that one place where they do bad ass interior for that killer price...or is there such a thing?? Well either way any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.
    oh yeah has to be in the so. cal area.
    Thanks...GJ

flat broke
    Killer interior or Killer price? Unless you're thinking that 2k is cheap, you're not going to find a place that does "new boat" quality work for a killer price. From the various estimates and work I have had done in the past, I would say that if you could get a 18' jet set up with 2 buckets, bench, and side pannels for $1500 you would be getting a great price.... If the wood is all resined, joints fiberglass reinforced, and the vinyl work is double stitched and equivalent to something you would find in a new boat.
    Whatever you do, I would try and stick to a place that does a good amount of marine interior work. You'll know you found one because the prices will be a little higher, and they'll have an ample supply of photos of their boat work. There are some good places in so cal, but they're expensive. The other negative issue is that you're pretty much at the time of year where most of the marine oriented shops are not hurting for business and thus are charging premium prices.
    Give us an idea of how much you've budgeted for interior and I'd bet that we can come up with a shop in your price range.
    Good luck,
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

GM Killer
    The best interior shop I know of is Designer Marine in Corona. They have done boats for me and all are perfect. They are located next door to GS Marine

wsuwrhr
    I would recomend D and R upholsery, it is a one man shop in Rancho Cucamonga. He is older than the hills. But he did a way cool job on my seats for $800. I used the original buckets, and I did all the woodwork for a rear bench seat. Marine grade materials, double stitching, and he did grafics and stripes on all the seats. The job was done on time. 909 980 3908, or 909 981 2700. You can see pictures of the seats on my website. GM Killers guy is good too.
    [This message has been edited by wsuwrhr (edited April 08, 2002).]

LOWRIVER2
    Designer did my interior in 95 and is re doing my rear seat right now (not their fault, I'm tough on my seats). Russ is a pro and price is in ball park of competition. They are in busy season now though. I've had numerous friends use Stratton marine and have beautiful seats done. I think they're a little cheaper than Designer too.

beached1
    George and Vaughn's Auto and Marine Upholstery. Redlands, CA
    909-792-4705
    Ask for Mitch. He isn't cheap but he's the best IMO.

GottaJet
    Thanks everyone!!!