Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: upholstery...help

Boat Ride
    thanks for the input. i really don't mind paying a fair price for quality work. but after you start talking to these local people, they all get this "look" on their face...i don't know if it's because it's a boat, or if it's just the cash register going off in their mind. but i can't imagine my boat being down all summer waiting on upholstery put in.
    how can a company like stitchcraft do the interior with the boat in georgia?
    thanks
    tim
    well... do you have frames built.... thats where alot of money comes into play.... if so.... you would find something you like.... Ship them to me...& I would have our guys bust them out... & be shipped back to you...

Boat Ride
    well... do you have frames built.... thats where alot of money comes into play.... if so.... you would find something you like.... Ship them to me...& I would have our guys bust them out... & be shipped back to you...
    we do this kind of stuff all the time.... cause people... want the best.... & we give it to em

Boat Ride
    call us....we can talk alittle more & find out what you looking to do ....714-847-7386 ask for Mario or Joey,
    tell em Landon sent you from ***boat, Forum

tahiti tim
    the number for cline is not working. any other phone numbers for them

olbiezer
    they have a web sight u might do a google search on for cline extreem watercraft will let u know if i can get hold of em sooner.

Jeanyus
    who ever built the wood frames in the pictures above.... my sugest. to you would be to build a seat that touches the edge of your cockpit..... cause it tends to look funny.... or put some kind of panel in there
    I built this boat , with the Idea that I was going to race it.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...djim-thumb.jpg
    With all the wrenching that gets done on the boat, grease and oil get on the seats, no matter how hard I try to keep them clean. The back seat has never been used, so I didn't want to invest $2,500.00 into a set of seats. Covering the sides, with panels would be nice, but I dont want to add more weight to the boat, and I could spend that money on more performance parts. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Floored
    I like the extra space to store the oar next to the seats. different strokes

steelcomp
    who ever built the wood frames in the pictures above.... my sugest. to you would be to build a seat that touches the edge of your cockpit..... cause it tends to look funny.... or put some kind of panel in there
    That's pretty arrogant!
    Lets see. Plywood, fiberglass, resin, AND plasticote? (LineX, Rhino, whatever.)
    These are light weight ski boats, not 32' off shore haulers. Your seats must weigh a ton! Very nice looking, but totally unnecessary for this type of boating.
    Hey Zev...your seats look bitchen, and you did an excellent job on the frames.
    Maybe you should give up the cement and become a carpenter!
    Dan AAseth ar Canyon Marine sells fiberglass race buckets (the 2 rib classic hot rod boat bucket) for $65.00 ea. Best price around by far! That's without covers.

Squirtin Thunder
    I made new plywood frames for the seats, there is about $250 worth of materials in these.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...9seats-med.jpg
    Then had them upolsterd for $1000.00. it Took about 2 weeks to get them done.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/2/5859boat2.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/502/5859boat5.jpg
    It looks good Ron !!! My fathers seats are wood framed and are in great shape after even about 30years !!! Need to be reupholstered but still sturdy !!!

Moose
    I think you did a great job, and they really look nice. It will last, look at alot of boats that are 20+ years old and still original.
    Mrs. Moose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12