Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need Deck Boat recommendation

napster
    My wife wants to trade in our (paid off) boat and get one of those Chaparrel deck boats. I don't know much about them. Can someone give me a list of top 5 deck boats. I am not asking to buy a Ferrari but also don't want a Yugo. Any recs? Thanks.
    -Napoleon

All IN
    The Best Deck Boat Made Is magic **hands Down

Havasu_Dreamin
    Well, this site is going to be geared more towards the West Coast Performance Deckboats that will cost you a lot more than a Chaparral will.

napster
    Well, this site is going to be geared more towards the West Coast Performance Deckboats that will cost you a lot more than a Chaparral will.
    Like how much. I think the chap is around 75K or so. Is it the size and quality of the engine?

Havasu_Dreamin
    Any of the West Coast Performance deckboats will probably be right around $100k with a 525 before any other options and taxes. When I say West Coast I am talking about Advantage, Conquest, Eliminator, Hallett, Lavey, and Magic. Some will be more and some will be less.

All IN
    You can't compare a Chaparral to any Custom boat.

28Prowler525
    I'm partial to the Lavey, but you will need around $130,000.00 to do it right.

im with prowler on the prowler but at about 100k with a 496 you will need to want it pretty bad.i think the chaparal deck boats are pretty sweet and have everything you and your family will need.

NOTALENT
    I thought the conquest was top of the line hands down right now??? however it is all in preference.

dicudmore
    I like the Magic, I like the Conquest, the Lavey, all of 'em really... Not real fond of the HTM though...
    Dare I say, have you considered something in the middle like this (http://www.cheetahboatmfg.com/24fastcatdeck.html) ??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast