Yesterday afternoon I brought home my utility trailer from a job. A couple of my caucasian, Bakersfield native, SDSU student, part time workers had loaded it. I popped the latch on the hitch and had to jump back as the trailer tounge lurched up towards my head.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...er_002-med.jpg
This just shows what life experience does for ya. These boys have zero clue about tongue weight, or balancing a load. The light stuff is in the front, the heavy stuff, obviously in the back... :notam:
They set their work up by logically moving the light stuff further, and the heavy stuff not so far. Makes sense......sorta. I didn't watch it get loaded so more supervision was obviously in order....(My bad)
I guess my point is that we shouldn't expect others to know as much as we do. We've all learned these things over the years, some by trial and error, some by watching others and even reading articles or web sites like this. I assumed that everyone knew this..
Luckily no one got hurt and nothing was damaged. I will 'splain to them again how to load a trailer.....FYI put the heaviest stuff over the wheels, or slightly ahead of them. I believe the tongue weight should be 5 to 10 percent of the load...