Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Used Car Dealer issues

HavasuBarney
    A friend of mine bought a used car from Continental Motors in Hemet 5 months ago. The reg was good until this month, now expired.
    Her and a friend both bought cars, one of the owners thought he was going to get some play and did not. Now my friend is unable to renew the registration on her car. DMV is telling her she needs completed paperwork from the Dealer. The Dealer refuses to help and has become hostile to the point of making threats of physical violence.
    The car is financed but the finance company has been very little help, they insruct her to go back to the Dealer. She is completely intimidated by the Dealer.
    Any suggestions on a course of action?

topless
    A friend of mine bought a used car from Continental Motors in Hemet 5 months ago. The reg was good until this month, now expired.
    Her and a friend both bought cars, one of the owners thought he was going to get some play and did not. Now my friend is unable to renew the registration on her car. DMV is telling her she needs completed paperwork from the Dealer. The Dealer refuses to help and has become hostile to the point of making threats of physical violence.
    The car is financed but the finance company has been very little help, they insruct her to go back to the Dealer. She is completely intimidated by the Dealer.
    Any suggestions on a course of action?Does she own a gun?

Mandelon
    Go kick his ass! :devil: Sounds like she needs some backup....or call the agency that monitors those guys and turn em in!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    tell her to get a lawyer.

lucky
    Any suggestions on a course of action? a colt 45 and a some of your russian friends will get the job done

jbtrailerjim
    Didn't she get a copy of her new registration from the DMV or does she still just have the temp. registration?

ULTRA28
    Call the local DMV and ask for the investigator. They will handle it for her.

Freak
    State corporation commission?

R.A.D.man
    I recently viewed a news story on this in Austin, Texas. If I recall correctly, the dealer here was not paying the sales taxes he charged in the sale to the State as required by law thus tieing up the title transfer and future registrations. It was one of those local news sting operations and when this came to light, the crooked dealer started paying the taxes and all was settled for the customers. All was settled except the State is now after the dealer for not filing the proper parerwork and paying taxes in a timely fashion as required by law. Not sure if this helps but try verifing if the taxes were paid and a title was transferred. If not and the dealer was supposed to do this, the tax collector should help because they always want their money.

jbtrailerjim
    My guess is this dealer did not submit the transfer of title form. He is in violation if he has not. The DMV only gives dealers 30 days to send that in from the sale date. He has to do this! Tell her to take her bill of sale and temp. registration to the DMV and they should be able to give her some kind of answer. He will get his dealers license revoked or suspended if he does not cooperate and send in the forms to the DMV!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast