Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Used Car Dealer issues

Tom Brown
    A friend of mine bought a used car from Continental Motors in Hemet 5 months ago.
    Why don't you try posting in the ***boat forums about what sleeze bags the people at Continental Motors in Hemet are.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Why don't you try posting in the ***boat forums about what sleeze bags the people at Continental Motors are.
    Lets remember something here, Barney is talking about Continental Motors in Hemet. NOT Continental Motors in Oceanside, the place to go for all your BMW and Saab needs.

Ziggy
    Thanks HD, never knew another place had the same name as me, I might have to see if he's infringed on any DBA name rights..............Ultra28 said it right---get the DMV to investigate them, sounds like this guy is doing shady biz and isn't holding up to his end of the process.
    If she never got any registration papers from DMV they never titled/licensed the car.......The finance company would normally be after them if they never got title/lien........something sounds very fishy there.

HM
    I know the manager of the Hemet DMV. She is my neighbor, and she likes me!
    The DMV is way understaffed and backlogged, and they have outsourced a bunch of stuff that has gotten lost...I know, I had an issue with a car I sold and my neighbor helped me out.
    I have a great lawyer in that area too.

topless
    They barely speak english there. That should have been the first clue.

Ziggy
    I know the manager of the Hemet DMV. She is my neighbor, and she likes me!
    The DMV is way understaffed and backlogged, and they have outsourced a bunch of stuff that has gotten lost...I know, I had an issue with a car I sold and my neighbor helped me out.
    I have a great lawyer in that area too.
    Very true. DMV does loose things and it ends up like nothing ever was done........and they usually put the burden on the owner or dealer to fix their screw ups.
    I'd certainly see if the bank actually ever got title for the car, if so then DMV should have it on record and can process the renewal. If not then the "Report of Sale" needs to be aquired from the seller and processed. If he doesn't have that he has got a scam going on.

PHOTOGLOU
    Call the local DMV and ask for the investigator. They will handle it for her.
    Yes they will and VERY FAST IN HER FAVOR

PHOTOGLOU
    If you PM me the vin # I should be able to run a KSR (dmv term) for the status of the title transfer and the reg info

Second "PLACE"
    Very true. DMV does loose things and it ends up like nothing ever was done........and they usually put the burden on the owner or dealer to fix their screw ups.
    I'd certainly see if the bank actually ever got title for the car, if so then DMV should have it on record and can process the renewal. If not then the "Report of Sale" needs to be aquired from the seller and processed. If he doesn't have that he has got a scam going on.
    Ziggy---
    Check your PM's
    ---second "PLACE"

BoatPI
    Tell her to locate two documents that she would have received at the time of the sale. Both are important to her securing the current registration and documenting the sale.
    1. Report of Sale. this is the small DMV form that is attached to the window of the vehicle on ALL vehicles sold by licensed dealers. The RS as it is called will have a number on it that the DMV can use a a reference point to begin the investigation.
    2. A sales contract. this is the finance and sales contract, generally a long legal sized form often yellow in color. It will reflect the finance agreement with the legal owner (bank, mouse house loan complay, etc). She may want to inquire with the legal owner if they received the title. If they did, then we know the transaction was completed by the dealer.
    One thing you did not mention is the specific reason as to why she cannot register the vehicle at this point, or renew the registration with a 2006 sticker.
    I have a 25 year background in this stuff so PM me if you need any other input.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast