Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Trident Twin Turbo Engine Candy

riverrunner
    Looks like it's finally coming together. I'm sure it's going to work bitchin with the jets.. It's looking great! without trying to sound like a total ass hole, do you really think you'll be on the water in a couple of weeks this time? I seem to remember hearing that you were going to be testing in about two weeks for the past year and a half.

Boozer
    Test it on the 4th at parker froggy!!!! haha looks sweet man! did i miss something, why did u change from superchargers?
    I think he had an issue with Whipple. There's a thread here somewhere where he mentioned it. Personally I think the turbo option is a far better one anyhow. Considering that turbo's are using energy that would normally be wasted they are far more efficient then super chargers. Not to mention nothing sounds better then two big ass turbos spooled up and whizzing away.

Froggystyle
    Looks like it's finally coming together. I'm sure it's going to work bitchin with the jets.. It's looking great! without trying to sound like a total ass hole, do you really think you'll be on the water in a couple of weeks this time? I seem to remember hearing that you were going to be testing in about two weeks for the past year and a half.
    Well, frankly I have been 90% done with 50% to go for quite some time. Development is a total bitch. Nothing goes smoothly. This would have been very easy to get "on the water" but not easy at all to do it my way. Everything is different when everything is different! The interoperability issues, the systems engineering, the sourcing, selecting components, removing components that didn't look or work right etc... for example, right now Brian (wsuwrhr) is going to be milling up a rail kit very shortly because of the fallout on the other thread in just jets. I wanted a rail kit, development was a bitch but we have decided it should have rails and a CNC'd motor setup. That means designing and producing the rail kit, removing the motor, installing the rail kit, removing the rail kit, sending to powdercoat, receive from powdercoat, install on motor, re-mount motor and go from there. All to be essentially right where I am right now but with the finished part.
    I personally don't think there is a strength or looks issue with the Glenwood mounts. They are nice polished aluminum pieces, built in starter mount and bell housing and a four point stringer mount. Other than trick... I don't know what I will gain from a rail kit.
    We have always erred on the side of trick though, and when a thread comes up with a pair of polished snails and a bitchin new boat that nobody has ever seen before and the topic of conversation is the motor plates... you need to step up and go trick.

novaguy
    We are doing our own interiors. All of the seat backs, foam and covers (no wood) are cut by CAD/CAM and sent to us to assemble. Katzkins is doing the covers.
    Cutting edge is not currently doing any of our billet, though the shop that it emerged from did quite a bit for us initially.
    Holy Shiat!!! It is looking great Wes...You mean to tell me that D&S isn't doing your interior?

Taylorman
    Depending on how easy it is to get in and out of the boat we may add another swim step off the back over the jets.
    Is the ride plate going to be as long as the one on the model in the picture?

Froggystyle
    Is the ride plate going to be as long as the one on the model in the picture?
    I believe so, yes. Harold is putting that and the jets together shortly.

RiverDave
    We may. My motor attachment system is still in development. I like rail kits, but I need production volume install time. Plus, I haven't seen one I like yet.
    We may be building something to suit.
    What is it that you don't like about all the rail kits that you've seen?
    RD

Froggystyle
    What is it that you don't like about all the rail kits that you've seen?
    RD
    How deep they go in front. I need to keep it off the floor some since we have a 1.25" thick cored bottom. Most jets keep the front rail just an inch or so off the bottom if installed properly. My oil pan damn near sits on the intake bolts.

schiada96
    How deep they go in front. I need to keep it off the floor some since we have a 1.25" thick cored bottom. Most jets keep the front rail just an inch or so off the bottom if installed properly. My oil pan damn near sits on the intake bolts.
    You could use a Z extrusion for the rails

MAXIMUS
    Well, frankly I have been 90% done with 50% to go for quite some time. Development is a total bitch. Nothing goes smoothly. This would have been very easy to get "on the water" but not easy at all to do it my way. Everything is different when everything is different! The interoperability issues, the systems engineering, the sourcing, selecting components, removing components that didn't look or work right etc... for example, right now Brian (wsuwrhr) is going to be milling up a rail kit very shortly because of the fallout on the other thread in just jets. I wanted a rail kit, development was a bitch but we have decided it should have rails and a CNC'd motor setup. That means designing and producing the rail kit, removing the motor, installing the rail kit, removing the rail kit, sending to powdercoat, receive from powdercoat, install on motor, re-mount motor and go from there. All to be essentially right where I am right now but with the finished part.
    I personally don't think there is a strength or looks issue with the Glenwood mounts. They are nice polished aluminum pieces, built in starter mount and bell housing and a four point stringer mount. Other than trick... I don't know what I will gain from a rail kit.
    We have always erred on the side of trick though, and when a thread comes up with a pair of polished snails and a bitchin new boat that nobody has ever seen before and the topic of conversation is the motor plates... you need to step up and go trick.
    If I may step in here & offer some sound advise! Forget the engine rail bull shiat & get the damn thing on the water! When you go into production then you can dimension the engine in the boat & fab from there... You can & will drive yourself crazy trying to please everybody with the proto type. I would assume you will have your hands plenty full just working the bugs out of the dual jets, that motor & a proper hardware set up... I would "rough" the boat out first, then drive the piss out of it. Shake down all the bugs then go back & glam it out!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast