Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best sealer for trnsom adaptor

clownpuncher
    Got some good leaks at the transom adaptor and need to seal that baby up. What's gonna be the best stuff to use. I''ll have to take the old crap off too, any tricks to that? As always thanks in advance. Roland

GM Killer
    Use clear Kitchen and sink or window silicon for the new.
    A razorblade, a rag, WD-40, and elbow grease to remove the old

BrendellaJet
    Originally posted by GM Killer
    Only if you want it to leak again. That shit will mold and break down in no time-its not made to be submersed. home depot used to carry a product made by 3m for marine applications. Its clear also, and works awesome.

clownpuncher
    Originally posted by GM Killer
    Thanks GM for the advice. I was kinda hoping to stay away from the razor blade, and especially the elbow grease part but I figured it would come to that.

clownpuncher
    Originally posted by BrendellaJet
    Only if you want it to leak again. That shit will mold and break down in no time-its not made to be submersed. home depot used to carry a product made by 3m for marine applications. Its clear also, and works awesome.
    Thanks, I'll check it out

hack job
    3M 5200 fast cure is the stuff i use never had a problem and it dose not take that much elbow grease to remove it( it comes off in big peices)

clownpuncher
    Originally posted by hack job
    3M 5200 fast cure is the stuff i use never had a problem and it dose not take that much elbow grease to remove it( it comes off in big peices)
    Fast cure? How fast? That would be great. I'd like to seal her up and get on the water ASAP.

Lookin for Liquid
    Originally posted by BrendellaJet
    Only if you want it to leak again. That shit will mold and break down in no time-its not made to be submersed. home depot used to carry a product made by 3m for marine applications. Its clear also, and works awesome. Dow Corning makes "aquarium grade" silicone if you really want to seal it

Slick
    5200 is a pain in the ass and it contracts causing cracks. As long as you use 100% silicone, you'll be just fine. It's less expensive too.

hack job
    Originally posted by Slick
    5200 is a pain in the ass and it contracts causing cracks. As long as you use 100% silicone, you'll be just fine. It's less expensive too.
    thats funy i have neverhad a probelm wiht it and i have used it on many boat with no problems ever. its mostly on how you apply it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast