Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: See ya

Kilrtoy
    Sorry to hear this...
    Atleast you have your health and family.......

FMluvswater
    I'm sorry to hear about you not getting to return to the job you loved. That's worth some tears of grief - have at it. I'm relieved to know you made it out of surgery okay and I hope your healing time is fast. I was wondering earlier today how you were doing - thanks for posting under the influence to update us. :wink: Please take care, phebus. :smile:

Throttle
    Well, went into surgery at 10:30 last night, and got out at 4:30 this morning. My L4-L5 disc ruptured really big time and shattered into many pieces. L3/4 was herniated, and L5-S1 was torn. Seeing that this was my 3rd back surgery, and am already being scheduled for a fourth, the sad reality is I will for sure be retired off the fire department. It was seriously one of the jobs I truly loved, and would have done for free if I could have supported my family. A true passion. A very sad day for the family and I, lots of tears shed.
    Anyway I'll post more later, I'm on web tv here at the hospital, and it's so slow it's incredible, but if it tells you something about the drugs I'm on, I still can't keep up.
    Rick
    Rick, this is such a bummer. I want you to know that all of us at 38s have you in our thoughts and prayers! As for the retirement... you can retire but you will ALWAYS be a part of us, we truly do miss you. We all wish you the best. I have been trying to call Linda but have not been succesful, please have her call me.
    Hang in there brother, I will see you sooner than you think! :smile:

moneypit
    Well, went into surgery at 10:30 last night, and got out at 4:30 this morning. My L4-L5 disc ruptured really big time and shattered into many pieces. L3/4 was herniated, and L5-S1 was torn. Seeing that this was my 3rd back surgery, and am already being scheduled for a fourth, the sad reality is I will for sure be retired off the fire department. It was seriously one of the jobs I truly loved, and would have done for free if I could have supported my family. A true passion. A very sad day for the family and I, lots of tears shed.
    Anyway I'll post more later, I'm on web tv here at the hospital, and it's so slow it's incredible, but if it tells you something about the drugs I'm on, I still can't keep up.
    Rick
    Rick,
    Havent they discussed a fusion yet? With injuries to that many levels they will usually fuse it... Do they think your symptoms are from all the levels or one of them?
    Hope your doing better..
    Dave

slink
    Rick, hang in there brother. Better times ahead for sure.

Ivan Dan
    Hey Rick sorry to hear about everything....hope all goes well and look forward to drinking some beers with ya soon at the zoo real soon. Beers on me....so get better soon!

SL1111
    Rick,
    All of us at station 59 wish you the best. If you need anything just say the word.....

beer hunter
    Rick, this is such a bummer. I want you to know that all of us at 38s have you in our thoughts and prayers! As for the retirement... you can retire but you will ALWAYS be a part of us, we truly do miss you. We all wish you the best. I have been trying to call Linda but have not been succesful, please have her call me.
    Hang in there brother, I will see you sooner than you think! :smile:
    Is that you Mark H.? :idea:
    Rick, sorry to hear you may be forced to retire but this sounds like it may be the beginning of a new adventure. I know companies like mine often hire retired FD guys for consulting work
    I'll talk with you soon
    Michael

shueman
    Thoughts & Prayers that all goes well....

beer hunter
    Bump

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234