Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BoostPower

Partycattin
    I went there a couple of months ago. Alexi seemed helpful, but kinda a greasy car salesman type. I told him what I wanted to do and he put together a parts list. I took the parts list to Teague and another local shop and they all laughed. He included for Thumper exhaust instead of Powerflows, a poor ignition system, etc.
    I just didn't feel like the advice I was getting was honest.
    When I went to Teague they straight up told me that putting $2K worth of heads on a stock 454 was a waste of money. I would need to make other upgrades to the motor. I think they stated it would be like putting $4k wheels on a Pinto.
    They could have just sold me the parts and let me go. I appreciated the honesty.

Steamin' Rice
    When I was shopping for a new booat a few year ago I talked to the boostpower guys about working with them. I was looking into buying a bare hull and having them do the rigging, power, etc. They had some good ideas and from what I could tell they do a good job with rigging, but after a couple of visits in person and a few phone calls I was never able to get a quote out of them so I moved on.

MKEELINE
    I bought a used turbo system from Alexi and also had them put in a new cam and valve train. He was very easy to work with and was VERY fair on the price of the parts and labor. I called him numerous times with questions about the set-up and he was always extremely helpful. I would definetly use them again in the future.

MESA BALANCING
    guys being from Florida and reading some of these horor stories I can tell you we have the same problems in this area sometimes guys that sell parts and engines sell more by selling at lower prices but I can tell you that always comes at a higher price in the end. I can tell you we may never build the volume of engines some of these larger other companies are selling but I can tell you one thing if any engine leaves my shop with anything that doesn't have the best parts money can buy I'll cut my d-ck off and I don't care about the price when you sell someone an engine package you must be willing to stand behind it and that can't be done with chinese cranks rods or or foreighn made crap which is what all these places are selling when you compare price compare the parts you're buying . I have three engines currently in the shop built by on eof the big guys out west and I called the owner today and asked him to come pick everything up two of the engines dropped valves with 45 minutes of running time on them and the other has taken the guides out with a 6 dollar exhaust valve . I wont even try to fix them because it will cost more then what he paid for them . Good luck in your decision Laz Mesa www.mesabalancing.com

TrickMarine.net
    guys being from Florida and reading some of these horor stories I can tell you we have the same problems in this area sometimes guys that sell parts and engines sell more by selling at lower prices but I can tell you that always comes at a higher price in the end. I can tell you we may never build the volume of engines some of these larger other companies are selling but I can tell you one thing if any engine leaves my shop with anything that doesn't have the best parts money can buy I'll cut my d-ck off and I don't care about the price when you sell someone an engine package you must be willing to stand behind it and that can't be done with chinese cranks rods or or foreighn made crap which is what all these places are selling when you compare price compare the parts you're buying . I have three engines currently in the shop built by on eof the big guys out west and I called the owner today and asked him to come pick everything up two of the engines dropped valves with 45 minutes of running time on them and the other has taken the guides out with a 6 dollar exhaust valve . I wont even try to fix them because it will cost more then what he paid for them . Good luck in your decision Laz Mesa www.mesabalancing.com
    Laz builds first class power at fair prices. I'd encourage anyone looking for big power to consider Mesa Balancing.

MESA BALANCING
    thanks for the plug Fred always apreciated

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123