Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whipple charger belts

bordsmnj
    my whipple ate a belt so i have some questions. why is my belt tensioner stuck against the main blower pulley? will it free up if i simply loosen the bolt at the center of the tensioner? looks like somthing was rubbing the belt for some time. wondering if this is the prob. thanks for any help -jas

riverbound
    my whipple ate a belt so i have some questions. why is my belt tensioner stuck against the main blower pulley? will it free up if i simply loosen the bolt at the center of the tensioner? looks like somthing was rubbing the belt for some time. wondering if this is the prob. thanks for any help -jas
    The problem is.....you have a motor out of a car in your boat :hammerhea
    actually the belt tensioner should have a square hole in the middle of it if you put a socket wrench in it you can losen up the pulley. It could have just been an old belt, or your luck :wink:
    The reason your tensioner is up a gainst the pulley is because there is no belt pushing up against it anymore so the only thing stopping it from coming around now is the blower pulley.

bordsmnj
    yeah i was looking at that square hole and thinking just that.tried pushing down on it and man does that thing have some tension. i wonder if it should be in the other setting. up against the pulley like it is puts the tensioner right in the middle of its range.

bordsmnj
    p.s. WTF?!?! car motor??! just becuase your buying a wacker doesn't mean you hafta hate!
    j/k

riverbound
    It should be pretty tight. If it is loose you will throw the belts. whne you get the new belt route eveything then stick the ratceht in there and turn it until you can slip the belt over the blower pulley then slowly release the tensioner until its tight on the belt. and you will be fine.

bordsmnj
    ok it's in and it's perfect Kudos to Whipple Industries for fast freindly service it was here over night just like they said. can't ask for better than that. they even got all my stupid questions answered

riverbound
    p.s. WTF?!?! car motor??! just becuase your buying a wacker doesn't mean you hafta hate!
    j/k
    No hating... I will always be there to tow you in You and your cockblocking wife

bordsmnj
    lmao!

jackpunx
    Dude!.. just put some zip ties on it.. it should be fine..
    Oh..
    Make sure that you put a little sign on the BACK of your boat special for riverboud..LOL.. cause thats the only part of it that he'll see when he gets that wakker..
    now.. if he had a Hair on his balls.. he would get two motors

bordsmnj
    BTTT........... LMAO !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast