Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any one live in RSM?

JBmagic
    We drove all over hell and back yesterday..RSM is a great community and we felt at home there. We did find a pretty nice house. It is lacking a couple of things but one neighbor had a boat and the other had quads so i'd fit right in. . Really hard decicion......We are stuck over going to AZ or staying here and paying 800K + for a home just feels crazy when we can go to AZ and spend 600k and get something bigger and newer. It's a home and a lifestyle change if we go to AZ. Either way we're in for some big changes soon. We're going to AZ on June 2nd to meet with a broker for me and hopefully take a look at some homes. Mabey it will be easier once we take a look out there too. I will tell you that if we do stay here RSM will be our new home.
    Sounds like a $16,000 tax bill :frown:

Perfect Mixer
    All I have to say is if you find the right house, move fast on it. Stuff doesn't stay on the market very long around here. You'll be hard pressed to find anything on the market for more than a week!

Jrocket
    Eight hundred thousand dollars,now say that over and over slowly.Thats hard to choke down for a everyday regular house.And thats IF you find one for that.

pixilatedpussy
    Foothill Ranch baby! Can't beat the school here! There is a house across the street for sale! Then you can live across a pussy and come over to play anytime! :smile:

Kilrtoy
    Foothill Ranch baby! Can't beat the school here! There is a house across the street for sale! Then you can live across a pussy and come over to play anytime! :smile:
    You have to be a millionaire to buy there now.... or just cash your life and kids lives away to move in......

Ivan Dan
    We drove all over hell and back yesterday..RSM is a great community and we felt at home there. We did find a pretty nice house. It is lacking a couple of things but one neighbor had a boat and the other had quads so i'd fit right in. . Really hard decicion......We are stuck over going to AZ or staying here and paying 800K + for a home just feels crazy when we can go to AZ and spend 600k and get something bigger and newer. It's a home and a lifestyle change if we go to AZ. Either way we're in for some big changes soon. We're going to AZ on June 2nd to meet with a broker for me and hopefully take a look at some homes. Mabey it will be easier once we take a look out there too. I will tell you that if we do stay here RSM will be our new home.
    Where at in AZ you guys thinking? My buddy moved to Gilbert, AZ about a year ago and loves it. He bought a brand new 2500 sq/ft single level and he paid like $350k + $75,000pool/spa and landscaping and is already worth about $550,000 or $600,000.

cdog
    Where at in AZ you guys thinking? My buddy moved to Gilbert, AZ about a year ago and loves it. He bought a brand new 2500 sq/ft single level and he paid like $350k + $75,000pool/spa and landscaping and is already worth about $550,000 or $600,000.
    We will be renting for a while in snottsdale and looking to buy in a winter market. It's all a big what if right now......We'll see. I wont buy untill I know the areas and market place well enough out there. I know alot of the new areas are real nice but scottsdale is where it's at. I've lived there before temp. for work and had some good times..

Cole Trickle
    I currently live in Foothill Ranch/Portola Hills and really like the area.
    I bought my Condo 2 years ago for 289K and there are 3 on the market in my complex for right at 500K.(The cost of living is flat out crazy and I was lucky to get in when I did)
    Like you found out anything with a 3 car garage and RV access is going to be 800K+++++
    To give you an idea of taxes I currently pay 4K a year and that was based off my purchase price of 290K.
    My girlfriend and I took a trip out to Arizona about 10 months ago to look at various communities and met with a broker.
    We held off for the time because prices in OC had fell off there peak and the market was pretty stagnent.(It's good again)
    I would avoid Scottsdale like the plague!Yes it's a nice area but the whole reason your moving away from OC is to get ahead of the game.Paying 600K for a house there will turn out to be an average investment at best.When and If I buy it will either be in Chandler/Gilbert or one of the new communities like Power Ranch.
    You should be able to find a 3,000 square foot house with a decent yard and a 3 car garage for around 350K.
    Brandin

cdog
    I currently live in Foothill Ranch/Portola Hills and really like the area.
    I bought my Condo 2 years ago for 289K and there are 3 on the market in my complex for right at 500K.(The cost of living is flat out crazy and I was lucky to get in when I did)
    Like you found out anything with a 3 car garage and RV access is going to be 800K+++++
    To give you an idea of taxes I currently pay 4K a year and that was based off my purchase price of 290K.
    My girlfriend and I took a trip out to Arizona about 10 months ago to look at various communities and met with a broker.
    We held off for the time because prices in OC had fell off there peak and the market was pretty stagnent.(It's good again)
    I would avoid Scottsdale like the plague!Yes it's a nice area but the whole reason your moving away from OC is to get ahead of the game.Paying 600K for a house there will turn out to be an average investment at best.When and If I buy it will either be in Chandler/Gilbert or one of the new communities like Power Ranch.
    You should be able to find a 3,000 square foot house with a decent yard and a 3 car garage for around 350K.
    Brandin
    So here we are again with peaking prices in OC. I wonder how many more times this will happen. I think this will be the last time. As far as scottsdale goes......Location Location Location....I'm sure you've heard that before. Part of the reason i'd be leaving is to be in the scottsdale enviroment. I'm going out there to interview a broker for employment and to check out some homes and areas..Nothing against chandler and gilbert, Since i'm in real estate i've got to be where the big $$$$ is. Did you know that Real Estate is the biggest business in AZ and 1 out 0f every 4 dollars made in AZ is from Real Estate. Kind of scary when thing turn down a little. 10% of their market is being bought by out of state investors.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    We just moved to RSM a couple of months ago. We too live in Las Flores (Antonio and Oso). our tax rate is 1.45% ( i am pretty sure). I didn't have too much trouble justifying the expense becuase the area will maintain its' higher standard much longer than those that rely on civic bonds and/or assessments that need a majority vote to pass. The schools are the best in the nation. The people are really nice. The houses are sweet. You are close to everything (stores, freeway, mall, etc) and most importantly, its a safe and healthy enviroment for my kids to grow up in. i can't encourage the place enough. Everywhere from Foothill Ranch as far south as Ladera. Each place is exceptional. and i may dare to say that the south county may endure a housing correction better than any area in southern cal. I don't have much evidence to support that, it's a gut feeling. and i have one hell of a gut!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast