Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The webster "Bench Racer"

LVjetboy
    Ok, since we're all either bench racers, or outsider experts able to spot this alleged character flaw. I'm just wondering...
    What really is a "Bench Racer?" A group this forum caters to?
    Winter upon us, seems as good a time as any to clear this up...
    jer

Jungle Boy
    LVjetboy:
    Ok, since we're all either bench racers, or outsider experts able to spot this alleged character flaw. I'm just wondering...
    jerA bench racer IMO is; A shit talker that takes runs at other peoples gear, knows shit and probably has worse shit than he's running down. Don't forget that they have never raced anything more than their old mustang peddle bike to the store for a handfull of bubble gum.
    argue argue argue

Sangster
    Jungle Boy:
    LVjetboy:
    jerA bench racer IMO is; A shit talker that takes runs at other peoples gear, knows shit and probably has worse shit than he's running down. Don't forget that they have never raced anything more than their old mustang peddle bike to the store for a handfull of bubble gum.
    argue argue argue Bench racin' explained smilespi idea2

Her454
    Jungle Boy:
    A bench racer IMO is; A shit talker that takes runs at other peoples gear, knows shit and probably has worse shit than he's running down. Don't forget that they have never raced anything more than their old mustang peddle bike to the store for a handfull of bubble gum.
    argue argue argue LMAO

Sangster
    jest one of those Mornin's

Jungle Boy
    Sangster:
    jest one of those Mornin's What, I'm I wrong!!!! I'm a slow learner at times after I've been up for a few days....
    idea2 sleeping

LVjetboy
    Sangster, I figured you'd weigh in with a webster...but this? Just moved my computer, now I gotta hook up my sound card too?

HOSS
    Bench Racer: one whom sits (could stand, kneel,etc.) and reads ***boat, Hot Rod, Car Craft, Tractor Pull, Monster Mag, etc. cover to cover and can respond to every possible answer to tech, trivia, diagnosis and repair questions without actually having ANY practical mechanical background and/or actual mechanical expierience in the craft of racer/mechanic.

MAXIMUS
    "Bench Racer"--> Often found in the northern regions of the western states... Most are experts in all areas including & limited to v-drives! Some may not get this, but that is expected! idea2

LVjetboy
    Jungle Boy's first up with an interesting definition.
    1) Shit talker
    Seems straight forward enough
    2) Bags others gear
    In an effort to make his own look better no doubt. Does open up a question though. If the baggee (subject of baggers comments) retaliates...bagging the baggers gear in self defense, does that automatically make the baggee also a bench racer?
    3) Never raced
    I figured racing fits in somewhere. Seems simple until you look closer. Do these races have to be sanctioned? Does this mean racers by definition are incapable of bench racing? Or just that if they did bench race, it wouldn't be called bench racing? One more thought, if someone races once does that make him/her immune to becoming a bench racer or participating in bench racing or do you have to race a certain number of times a season?
    Sangster, sorry, still can't comment on your clip cause my computer's still a mute.
    Hoss, was hoping you'd contribute, being one of the terms founding fathers if I remember. In fact, this board's name in some ways can be credited to you. Not saying you bench race of course! Your definition seems to have a more mechanical flavor. I noticed you broadened the racer exclusion to also include mechanics? Not sure if you intended this, but I'll go with it. You brought up another interesting point, but I gotta go for now...more later.
    jer

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast