Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry CA homeowners

Cole1313
    This is out of a local paper here:
    Valley new-home market to set record
    Glen Creno
    The Arizona Republic
    Dec. 29, 2005 12:00 AM
    Metropolitan Phoenix's new-home business is poised to set another record this year despite a second-half slowdown that is reining in what had become a runaway market.
    The number of permits issued for new homes fell 6.53 percent in November compared with a year earlier, said analyst R L Brown, publisher of the Phoenix Housing Market Letter. But barring an unlikely December collapse, the Valley is positioned to beat last year's record without breaking a sweat.
    Through November, builders had pulled 58,491 permits in the Valley. And with monthly permit numbers typically exceeding 4,000, it's clear that last year's milestone of 60,872 is about to become an old standard. advertisement
    The Valley also has a chance of hanging on to its title as the country's top new-home market, although Brown says rising prices may be finally eating into demand.
    Yet he believes the big reason for the drop-off in permits is overloaded cities that can't process them fast enough and delays getting approvals for and installing subdivision basics like water and sewer lines and streets.
    Larry Seay, executive vice president of Scottsdale-based Meritage Homes, expects 2006 to be "robust" for Valley building even if it's not another record.

MsDrmr
    If I read that correctly, that just means they leave here and all come move out to where you are and crowd your city, highways and what have you....I am okay with that. :skull:

Cole1313
    If I read that correctly, that just means they leave here and all come move out to where you are and crowd your city, highways and what have you....I am okay with that. :skull:
    Maybe. Last I heard there were 6,000 people moving to the PHX area every month. That may have slowed down a little. The roads and freeways will never ever be like the 405 or the 5 on a monday morning. :rollside:

NOTALENT
    Can you take all are illegals too.....That would be great!!! :rollside:

Cole1313
    Can you take all are illegals too.....That would be great!!! :rollside:
    Actually we have the minute men to take care of that. :argue:

Jeanyus
    So the paper in Az is telling you what the real estate market is doing in Ca. OK. Whats the paper say about the price of tea in China?

Coach
    Maybe. Last I heard there were 6,000 people moving to the PHX area every month. That may have slowed down a little. The roads and freeways will never ever be like the 405 or the 5 on a monday morning. :rollside:
    Never say Never. 6000 a month adds up very quickly.

Cole Trickle
    Arizona is getting alot of first time home buyers and retirees.
    I went and looked at new houses a year ago and seriously debated making the move to the Phoenix area.(Gilbert ,Chandler)
    Problem is I love AZ but CA is still better.

MsDrmr
    Never say Never. 6000 a month adds up very quickly.
    well put....They said 10 would never be as bad as the 91 either and guess what....or the 60 and well you get the point

Cole1313
    So the paper in Az is telling you what the real estate market is doing in Ca. OK. Whats the paper say about the price of tea in China?
    Well if I had to guess, the prices are going up, just like everything else that is coming out of China. :rollside:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast