Can any one give us some information on our first boat purchase.. My husband came home last year with a 77 Mantra 18 fter which was in a barn forgotten for 15 years! What a beauty black with gold metal
flake,454,berkeley 12 JC-A jet drive. My husband rebuuilt the motor as it sat for all those years and was tied up. We dumped a whole lot of money into this project engine he tells me http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif new steel crank,10:1 compression pitstons, heads re worked with a preformance valve job, 600" lift cam, 750 holly carb, bored 30 over. The jet pump also had to be rebuilt which we took to a Jet Dr. My question I guess is do we have a gem and can anyone tell us about this boat?? Can't seem to find info on this boat anywhere. We took her out for her first journey last August and as I said this is our first boat, well what a ride we had ! Where are the seat belts? My opinion is they should have put wings on this one she sure wasn't built to sit still and look pretty although she could!
[This message has been edited by Mel (edited June 14, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Mel (edited June 14, 2001).]