Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: >>>>NEED HELP QUICK<<<<<<

FRENCHIE
    That sucks! Sucks finding shiat you weren't expecting unless it's money. It does look like a beaching scar. Boat probably drifted up on to a rock from a wake. Try the using what essex said. Should get you through the weekend fine.
    you betta get your priorities straight for this weekend!! i know who your going to have to bumper up with!!!!
    :devil: :hammer2:

GHTRIM
    Marine Tex it is. I will go buy some today and try and fix it tonight.. Let ya know how it goes..
    Thanks everyone for the input...

Red Horse
    Couple of ideas before you get to work. Try to dry the area out with a light first off. A simple 100 watt drop lamp will work. Then sand the areas around it to make the Marine Tex hold a little better. Moisture trapped can be worse than a seen hole. If you didnt get this in time dry it out for the real repair or make sure the shop does it.

dicudmore
    good luck with the repair Don...
    See ya out there this weekend

Beer-30
    Have you ever done this?? I am willing to try anything.. just want to be safe..
    No, to be honest, I never have. I have just worked with bondo before, on autos and planes. I am sure there is probably a marine version. You would want a permanent repair with glass, but that would be easy to do to get you through the weekend.

That Guy
    Don: Had a really similar situation on my Advantage a few weeks back. I think I hit something in the water and it left a similar mark. Took it into Advantage and they had it repaired in about 2 hours. I would find a reputable boat shop and have it fixed. It seriously is a very quick fix as long as you haven't blown through the fiberglass...(which it doesn't look like you have done)...good luck.

essexjet
    Marine Tex it is. I will go buy some today and try and fix it tonight.. Let ya know how it goes..
    Thanks everyone for the input...
    Take some pics of before and after, I would like to see how it came out.

VEGASBABY
    Hey Don, If you need any help let me know !!!!!

Nord
    Leave it at home and get drunk on somebody elses boat!!! :idea:

GHTRIM
    Hey Don, If you need any help let me know !!!!!
    Be working on it tonight.. Your more than welcome to come over for a couple and hang... Let me know.. You got my cel... or I'll call you on my way home from work... I'm at work busy posting so it might be awhile before I leave....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast