Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim Hanson lets see your car.

dmontzsta
    Once again you missed the point, it is not a v8 thing it is a "gas" thing, plain and simple it dont work. So do they take the spark plugs out?? as this thing becomes a diesel and detonates and pre ignites.
    No, they do run colder plugs though. It is really a waste of time, cause no matter what I say you are not going to believe it. As I said, I have nothing to gain but everything to lose so why would I say it if it wasnt true? I am well known down here in SoCal and not for being an idiot.

HOSS
    I believe you. Anything a rice burner says I believe they believe it. Some of the cars are ok. Every ricer claims big horsepower. Its not just you. There was a guy on here that towed a boat with his Civic hatchback. He put a fifth wheel on the hood and drove in reverse so as to have lower gearing. It can be done. I swear it.

Blown 472
    No, they do run colder plugs though. It is really a waste of time, cause no matter what I say you are not going to believe it. As I said, I have nothing to gain but everything to lose so why would I say it if it wasnt true? I am well known down here in SoCal and not for being an idiot.
    So now you have so cal street cred?? well any other place in the country you start telling them you are going to run almost 20 to 1 comp ratio on gas and they will laugh you out of the place.
    Oh, yeah rice rocket street cred now that is some thing :messedup:

dmontzsta
    So now you have so cal street cred?? well any other place in the country you start telling them you are going to run almost 20 to 1 comp ratio on gas and they will laugh you out of the place.
    Oh, yeah rice rocket street cred now that is some thing :messedup:
    haha, we are not talking fast and the furious here. I am not one of "them". I am an easy going guy and have been around the scene for a long time. I mostly just soak up all the info I can and I have seen this done MANY times. These guys love that shit, they love pulling to the light in a "sleeper" and making someones jaw drop, that is what they live for and most of them have the dough for it.
    Just please believe me, there are lots of them out there, you wont see them everyday, but they are there. I got out of the scene a few years back, because it was turning pretty stupid, illegal racing and guns, it just turned stupid. I now hang out with older domestic types, they did not believe it at first, until they met and raced a couple of my friends and were shocked.

lucky
    I think most people here can do more than just work on their own motors. I`d even say design. Hell I personnally dug up my own iron ore and cast my crank and block.
    we're not talking genitalia here hoss :notam:

lucky
    I believe you. Anything a rice burner says I believe they believe it. Some of the cars are ok. Every ricer claims big horsepower. Its not just you. There was a guy on here that towed a boat with his Civic hatchback. He put a fifth wheel on the hood and drove in reverse so as to have lower gearing. It can be done. I swear it.
    where is that pic of brown - an his yota ?

Blown 472
    Hoss, Blown
    Can you say only in California
    No shit, land of happy dynos and everything makes a million hp on 91.

Hallz
    Guys,
    10.1 and 12 PSI can live with a safe tune on a modern EFI car. the AFR has to get down in the 11.5 range, ECT down under 180 (try at least) and there timing is as low at 18* At least this is from what the Domestic 5.0/4.6 Mustang guys and 5.3-6L LS1/6 chevy guys are pulling off.
    With a "safe" setup they run 8psi, some of the more aggressive guys are running 12psi (it's just for how long). And they ARE running a cam to plead off cylinder preasure, some are running into problems with reversion at that point though.
    A small Nitrous shot or Metanol injection is used most of the times along with COLD plugs, Narow plug gap and intercolers.
    The Twin Turbo guys are doing the same stuff. It is not the RIGHT way of course but it works for a bit. This TT5.0 use to run on 91, http://www.spdfreakls1.com/Videos/nossboysean_tnt.wmv. and a bunch of the LS1 FI guys do it also because there it was all we had. But since a 76 in my hood started to cary 100 octane VP at the pump people pump there daily driver to around 94 or so and higher on hot or "play" days.
    Once that Maxima gets into the 11's or 12's you should bring it up and paly with some of our Daily Drivers at Sac Raceway.
    Here is a taste of what lurks a street Near Sac
    http://www.spdfreakls1.com/videos.html

CrazyHippy
    Hoss, Blown
    Can you say only in California
    Most of california realizes that 19:1 dynamic compression on 91 octane is a BIT of a stretch.
    Maybe they's running diesel, my truck is 18:1 static, and then 20+ lbs of boost on top of that.
    BJH

Blown 472
    Guys,
    10.1 and 12 PSI can live with a safe tune on a modern EFI car. the AFR has to get down in the 11.5 range, ECT down under 180 (try at least) and there timing is as low at 18* At least this is from what the Domestic 5.0/4.6 Mustang guys and 5.3-6L LS1/6 chevy guys are pulling off.
    With a "safe" setup they run 8psi, some of the more aggressive guys are running 12psi (it's just for how long). And they ARE running a cam to plead off cylinder preasure, some are running into problems with reversion at that point though.
    A small Nitrous shot or Metanol injection is used most of the times along with COLD plugs, Narow plug gap and intercolers.
    The Twin Turbo guys are doing the same stuff. It is not the RIGHT way of course but it works for a bit. This TT5.0 use to run on 91, http://www.spdfreakls1.com/Videos/nossboysean_tnt.wmv. and a bunch of the LS1 FI guys do it also because there it was all we had. But since a 76 in my hood started to cary 100 octane VP at the pump people pump there daily driver to around 94 or so and higher on hot or "play" days.
    Once that Maxima gets into the 11's or 12's you should bring it up and paly with some of our Daily Drivers at Sac Raceway.
    Here is a taste of what lurks a street Near Sac
    http://www.spdfreakls1.com/videos.html
    18 degrees of timming?? what is the point then?? to stand around and run your mouth that "yo I gots me 12 psi of boost" Sounds like ass clown bench racing at it's finest.