Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Question: 4 Oversize Boats On The River

riverliver
    Hey Focker he called you a sissy LMAO :boxingguy

Beer-30
    If you weren't such a sissy you might be able to take a few bumps...
    R1 :notam:
    The point is......WHY would you want to, if you don't HAVE to.

Roman 1
    Roman, you are just silly. Dont say you just want to be friends when your opening line bashes almost everyone in here that get's along with each other just fine.
    Bass Lake, for any who haven't been there, is a beautiful place. The lake is not that big, but it is lined with some truly wonderful homes, most with their own private docks. I used to vacation there with some friends that would rent a house for a week every year in July. It's boring to most of us in here, though. It was fun as a kid, but not now. You can't go over 5mph until 8am. So, everyone who wants to ski is lined up in a circle around the lake, skiiers in the water, waiting for 8am. Then, they're off. I can't remember if it goes back to 5mph at 5pm or if it is actually sunset. Lots of Bayliners and such. Then, there's the occasional food-blister that shoots across the lake in a 16'-18' Somethingcraft with human-scarring blue-chrome tubes shooting out the back. They were usually alone, cause no one else would ride with them. Or, they had plenty of people that wanted to ride with them, but could only have a small seat facing the motor. Their knees resting against the front of a 160 degree cylinder head. As they sat there, they also had a clear shot of all of the cooked DNA on the header tubes from previous friends and relatives that tried to hook up a ski rope, or otherwise lost their balance during a bout over some small waves. All of this while turning around to go back to the dock to fill up the 12 gallon keg that they used for a fuel tank and had been emptied with each run. I have been there, done that.
    Now, enter the '90s. People actually want to take some friends with them that don't want 3rd degree burns on their legs and arms. They want to have friends and family enjoy themselves while going across boat wakes and wind-blown chop, while enjoying whatever beverage is their choice. Now, there is plenty of room in these larger boats for the people, food, beverages, skis, life-vests, whatever. They are not obnoxiously loud (most of them), can go all day, if not all weekend, on a fill-up. They can tow whoever needs help after launching a connecting rod through the side of the block or bumped across a roller so hard that their tunnel ram broke in half and made the two 660 center-squirters a nice place for small fish to live.
    Sure, it would be fun to drive a Winston-Cup car to work everyday, but no other people can ride with you. It gets lousy mileage, you can feel every pebble in the road, no air conditioning, and you can't hear yourself think. Hmm, maybe boating is similar?
    Your post is fairly entertaining... :smile:
    Heres my take on this .Its true that most people don't want to ride in flattys they're skeeeered!! :cry: When I bought my 1st flatty (in 72) I bought it for me and only me. I'm not interested in giving rides to a bunch of freeloading buddies that are too cheep to buy their own boat.
    [Quote]Human scarring blue chrome tubes [Quote] this made me laugh! Just a thought...MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T TOUCH THEM!! :messedup: You are obviously a gentleman that likes the finer things in life but has no clue what that fruitbag between your legs is there for....maybe your a chick anywho...I don't expect a bunch of tea totaling yuppies to understand what a "real adrenaline" rush is all about so I will spare both of us. Have you ever heard the term "if its too loud your too old"! well gramps, you've definately made it.
    Do you tow your boat with a mini van offering your moocher friends pillows and blankets while dodging every pebble in the road. Is that Lawrence Welk on the radio? better turn it down so you can hear yourself think
    I got news for ya sister....PRACTICAL IS BORING!! LOL
    Roman

Roman 1
    The point is......WHY would you want to, if you don't HAVE to.
    Its not like its a problem...I also race motorcross do you think those bumps bother me. :sleeping:
    R1

Roman 1
    You guys are mean....
    if roman, v-drive and his fellow bench racing buddies want to use old technology that has been obsolete for 30 + years rather then the lastest technology then its their right to do so.......
    so when you pass their sh*tbox's on the washing machine like it was standing still, please have a little respect and be courteous!!
    Toss him life preserver for his beer or something. :rollside:
    How is it that this obsolete technology is still makes the fastest race boats...
    Your preserver and beer line was pretty good
    R1 :smile:

Roman 1
    I see this thread is Useless :messedup:
    oh contrair Mr. Liver.
    R1 :mix:

DrewDown
    I grew up boating in jet boats no bigger than 21'. Naturaly when it was time to get a boat of my own at the age of 19 I wanted a jet. (19' eliminater) It was an awsome boat but got tired of getting beat up so I stepped up to a 26'. Does that make me a yuppie? Like I give a shit what you think of me.

Dave C
    Roman-2nd, You're a science experiment.
    Thats not exhileration. Thats your brain trying to tell you that you're about to get hurt because what your doing is dangerous in that flatty.
    You see normal people that don't have low brain cell counts will heed that warning from their brain and not take part in this type of activity becuase it leads to bodily harm.
    You see that is why fast flatties are made with one seat and our boats are made with 5-6 seats. No one else is dumb enough to get in the fast flat.
    Thats why we call those that drive fast flatties, "organ donors"
    On the other hand, I can carry 5 people comfortably and maximum MPH for long periods of time and I don't get any complaints.
    The exhileration from a little v-drive flatbottom is awesome.
    Roman 1

Roman 1
    I grew up boating in jet boats no bigger than 21'. Naturaly when it was time to get a boat of my own at the age of 19 I wanted a jet. (19' eliminater) It was an awsome boat but got tired of getting beat up so I stepped up to a 26'. Does that make me a yuppie? Like I give a shit what you think of me.
    [Quote]..."does that make me a yuppie?"[Quote]
    no, it makes you a wimp.
    [Quote]"like I give a shit what you think of me."[Quote]
    apparently you do...
    R1 :sleeping:

Dave C
    did I studder? Obsolete means: outdated, archaic or superseded.
    fastest races boats, huh, lets do a little comparison.
    A tiny little fast pro flat that is a paper chip probably weights about 1200-1500 lbs soaking wet and can do 200 mph.
    Instead a huge 40 ft super cat that probably weights over 7000-8000 lbs can do 190-200 mph.
    So that means if flat technology wasn't obsolete it should have 4x the advantage in speed due to it weighing 1/4 as much.
    Or didn't they teach math in 1971?
    How is it that this obsolete technology is still makes the fastest race boats...
    Your preserver and beer line was pretty good
    R1 :smile: