Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Question: 4 Oversize Boats On The River

HighRoller
    Actually, I have a good memory so eventually I will find these idiots parked on a beach somewhere. A Place Diverter is much better that a paintball gun because it doesn't leave evidence!!! And listening to someone complain about getting wet at the river is hilarious!!!

Blown 472
    Actually, I have a good memory so eventually I will find these idiots parked on a beach somewhere. A Place Diverter is much better that a paintball gun because it doesn't leave evidence!!! And listening to someone complain about getting wet at the river is hilarious!!!
    LoL, gots to give it up for a wall of water that puts the dick boats in their place.

Kim Hanson
    The paintball thing is good, I did it once where you go out and hunt them down and shoot their arse's and it leaves bruise's the size of a football and hurts alot, I will never do it again! I was purple, blue, yellow and black.......( . )( . ).......

I have been boating on the colorado river 4 30 years i have a 24 spectra. Why is the TREND to bring these OCEANLINERS to the river and swamp most small boats? you cant get in and out of them, you cant ski,you cant turn around on plane on the widest part of the river there to BIG for such A SMALL WATERWAY! And why would anybody want to tow those big PIGS 300+ miles when the ocean is so close and so big that they were made for?Also a cat runing a hundred + on HAVAZU is dangerous i dont get it? 1/2 a million doller boats to hang out in the channel? I would be burning up the ocean! Oh i forgot it takes experiance to drive on the ocean fast! theres a lotta second mortgages floating around HAVAZU! Its geting way to CROWDED ! i like when im coming back up river back to needles around 6 pm and all the retards that have been drinking all day at the sandbar with 10 people hanging out of the boat and its firewalled 10 abreast and i have to run in the reeds to go upriver! yeah im geting a 42 fountain to cruise to the sandbar what a joke oh wait IM COOL! I saw a 38 cigg at needles a month ago WHY? I would love to tow a 38 all the way to the river that sounds like fun NOT! the trend is bigger boats on SMALL waterways! not a bash just wondering why! if i had an ocean boat i could'nt wait to hit the OCEAN way more fun running the swells to san diego and back ! Also a month ago i saw a 40 foot yellow skater canopied race boat at TOPOCK HUH!! oh well im sure ill get a response in here.
    I noticed that section of the trader is getting thicker. Two years ago a twin 572 (blown Skater filled up at Moabi------$660.00---Was that one-way?

lost boy
    just an F.Y.I. most places treat any type of paintball incedent as if it was a real gun used and the penaltys are the same!
    the other F.Y.I. is that if a jet boat roost is used to wet someone down the law says your are responsible if someone is hurt or property is damaged!
    the same goes for large wakes or anything from a boat(any kind) that does any of the above.
    let me be the first to say there are time's that all of the above should be used.
    but my lawyer and bank account say otherwise . :frown:

HighRoller
    Well, if someone runs me off the river they might get a couple hundred gallons of water sprayed on/in their boat at a later date. If they don't like that, too bad. I'll have plenty of witnesses to corroborate my accusation of reckless driving on their part if they want to bring the cops into it. After all, running your ocean yacht down my side of the river is a violation of "rotation"...

lost boy
    im with you !.......just make sure it looks like an accident or has some sort of plausible denial!
    i just dont want any one (us? good guys?)going to the pooky by being dumb.

Kim Hanson
    just an F.Y.I. most places treat any type of paintball incedent as if it was a real gun used and the penaltys are the same!
    the other F.Y.I. is that if a jet boat roost is used to wet someone down the law says your are responsible if someone is hurt or property is damaged!
    the same goes for large wakes or anything from a boat(any kind) that does any of the above.
    let me be the first to say there are time's that all of the above should be used.
    but my lawyer and bank account say otherwise . :frown:
    I could have made that guy pay for the damage he did to my boat? Crazy shit, it was like 2 grand to replace all the shit that was fryed.....( . )( . )...... :notam:

You Te
    Tuna boats.

77charger
    did I studder? Obsolete means: outdated, archaic or superseded.
    fastest races boats, huh, lets do a little comparison.
    A tiny little fast pro flat that is a paper chip probably weights about 1200-1500 lbs soaking wet and can do 200 mph.
    Instead a huge 40 ft super cat that probably weights over 7000-8000 lbs can do 190-200 mph.
    So that means if flat technology wasn't obsolete it should have 4x the advantage in speed due to it weighing 1/4 as much.
    Or didn't they teach math in 1971?
    Some of that so called old tech also powers top fuel dragsters also,and last year a boat went 254 in only a 1/4 mile.Now can an outdrive hold to 4000 horsepower??
    I know the drives seem to grenade often and if you want to handle big power aint the number 6 needed?