Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBF 100Amp 1 wire alternator

Sanger Jet
    I am looking for a 100 amp 1 wire alternator for my Sanger it is mounted on the engine. where is the best price to get one? Except for the coast guard why would I need a marine model in an open jet boat?
    ps. I need a 100 amp to charge my optima because I am running a 533 BBF and it's kinda hard to turn over the stroker. Thanks

Summit has them for about $100 bucks, chrome or polished I forget, but it's hard to beat that $price. If you run the open engine, your ok as far as CG goes.
    Sleek

Yupper,
    Magnum from Summit. The price must've gone up some. I think I paid $85 about 7 or 8 years ago. They work great and are available in a plethora of colors. Red, blue, yellow, orange, black, chrome.
    Can't go wrong for the money.
    No problems with non-marine in an open engine compartment.
    http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/alternatort.jpg

Big Kahunaa
    All you have to do is drill the top bolt hole on the alt to fit the ford bolt

All you have to do is drill the top bolt hole on the alt to fit the ford bolt
    True that. The hole needs to be drilled out some as it's a actually a GM alternator. My cooling fan blades spin the wrong way too. Not that it makes a big difference.

b's sanger
    Got mine from Jegs. Chrome and no drilling required. I did have to play with some spacers to get the belt alignment right though. Different pulley than before.

Sanger Jet
    Well then with the new Stroker BBF 532 going in I'd better get a chrome 100 amp and junk the old marine delco as it's pretty shelled out.
    Thanks again, Darren

Mighty Thor
    My cooling fan blades spin the wrong way too. Not that it makes a big difference.
    What? Since when do Fords run backwards? Makes swapping trannys a whole new challange. 5 reverse gears and 1 forward. I call BS on this one. :rollside:

LakesOnly
    I don't think an 100-amp alternator is going to solve your starter problems. There should be more-than-adequate charging output at the 5000 rpm's that our motors run at. Hell, I put a 5-inch diameter reduction pulley on my alternater to slow it down...
    Sounds to me like you may need more cranking power in your starting system, perhaps larger gauge battery cables or better starter, etc. I know guys with boat engines much, much bigger and more powerful than yours and the stock starter w/o alternator starts their motors all day long just fine.
    Check your starting system out...from the battery to the starter motor. By the way, the oem Ford 1994-up mini hi-torque F-250 starter works pretty well.
    LO

Sanger Jet
    Paul, I was just thinking outloud again. Rotating Assy. just back from balancing yesterday. Machinest measuring pistons, squaring and Zero decking and boring for my 4.440 JE's this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast