Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YardHouse Docks OPEN!

Wasabe
    Hopefully more people will start coming. If not we may have to reconsider keeping the docks. Right now we are making 3% of the cost. 97% is being paid out of pocket. Whoever works the docks only gets paid if we can cover the rent for that weekend.
    I was there last weekend and at least 8 boats didn't want to pay. Hopefully we can keep the docks open.
    If you go to the docks and see Jeffrey at the YardHouse be sure to say hi. He's the one that took the time to approach the City of LB and get the docks for us. For some who don't know he's the SCOPE President this year.
    Spread the word.

andy01
    I heard it was up to the Yardhouse and that is why they are offering the 10% deal. Anyway I came in two weeks ago and they were all roped off. It was around 11:30 a.m., so I just parked in the public deal for free. But while I was at the yardhouse I did see some guys take the ropes down (around 12 I think) What a great idea, I hope they stay open. What are they charging for a 2 hour stay? And what time do they open/close the slips?
    Andy

Wasabe
    I heard it was up to the Yardhouse and that is why they are offering the 10% deal. Anyway I came in two weeks ago and they were all roped off. It was around 11:30 a.m., so I just parked in the public deal for free. But while I was at the yardhouse I did see some guys take the ropes down (around 12 I think) What a great idea, I hope they stay open. What are they charging for a 2 hour stay? And what time do they open/close the slips?
    Andy
    Hello Andy, I don't know who told you that but I'm sorry to say that it isn't true.
    The docks belong to the City of Long Beach. Jeffrey is SCOPE President this year and is an investor in the YardHouse. He approached the city of Long Beach and got permission to kick the sailboaters out if he would run the docks himself. Sometimes he's there (the Asian guy)or other SCOPE members or people from the Belmont drystacks. They run it. NO ONE ELSE. I may even do it sometimes. Like last weekend.
    His partner in the YardHouse came up with the idea to give 10% off to the people who support the cause. It's good for business and us powerboaters so we can go there again. Also, his partner (I'm specifically not using his name) owns a bad ass powerboat. He parks there too and he pays.
    Here are the prices: you must have a vaild insurance card with you in order to dock there.
    $15 for 1 Hour
    $20 for 2 Hours
    $35 for the day 11 AM - 5 PM

Steamin' Rice
    Hopefully we can spread the word about the docks being available again and support it. If it doesn't catch on, the docks probably won't be available for too much longer. The cost is less than what is costs to get a mooring and shoreboat in Avalon, especially with the 10% discount at the Yardhouse/Tequila Jacks.

Havasu Hangin'
    So what do we do if we pull up and the ropes are up?

Steamin' Rice
    The docks should be open by 11 or 11:30 on the weekends.

Wasabe
    If it's during the weekend someone should be there. The person who's running it could be going potty or up above and walking down to greet you.
    They are roped up at all times until a person wants to park there.
    After 5 the docks are closed. We have people watching the docks at night just in case.
    For the people that go there at night be aware you will either get towed or fined because it is considered trespassing.
    Look for a SCOPE shirt.

andy01
    After 5 the docks are closed.
    Well I guess you don't have to worry about using those docks.......... :hammerhea
    Thanks for the info, I will do my part to help $$$ out on Sunday morning!
    Andy

Havasu Hangin'
    Well I guess you don't have to worry about using those docks.......... :hammerhea
    Hey...I got up at 4AM with those Lavey guys that one time. Usually, if I am late, it's due to "circumstances beyond my control"...
    :notam:

Wasabe
    Thanks for the info, I will do my part to help $$$ out on Sunday morning!
    Andy
    The dock times have changed to
    Sat. 8am to 7pm
    Sun. 10am to 5pm.
    If it's a slow day then they will probably close early. Slow meaning everyone is too cheap and no one docked there or bad weather or no one went boating.
    I'll bring my camera and take pictures of the people who leave. Let's see if we know them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12