Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are these things?

Throttle
    I was in Havi last week and was pulling out of friendly cove, just happened to look over the side of the boat and saw these great big lobster trap looking things. Anyone ever notice them before and know what they are?

Ion
    Fish habitat installed by AZ game & fish and / or other orgs to encourage game fish habitation in the lake. The structures come in many man-made forms as well as submerged bundles of palm fraunds, evergreens, etc.

Throttle
    Fish habitat installed by AZ game & fish and / or other orgs to encourage game fish habitation in the lake. The structures come in many man-made forms as well as submerged bundles of palm fraunds, evergreens, etc.
    I figured somethin like that, it was a bit trippy at first. I would hate to toss an anchor on that and not be able to get it back. thanks Ion

essexjet
    Was the friendly cove just south of havasu palms on the cali side. We saw them too

Boatcop
    They're designed to give refuge for young fish. Small and large mouth bass, razorback suckers, humpback chub (the last two endangered).
    The Lake doesn't have much natural cover for them, and they are prey to Stripers. The Stripers would decimate the sport fish and native fish population in no time, if the artificial shelter wasn;t provided.

Wonderboy
    I know what you're talking about, but I only see red x's. I would like to see the pic.

Nord
    They're designed to give refuge for young fish. Small and large mouth bass, razorback suckers, humpback chub (the last two endangered).
    The Lake doesn't have much natural cover for them, and they are prey to Stripers. The Stripers would decimate the sport fish and native fish population in no time, if the artificial shelter wasn;t provided.
    Nice name on the boat there Boat cop!!

JB in so cal
    hee, hee, hee. He said chub!!

Throttle
    Was the friendly cove just south of havasu palms on the cali side. We saw them too
    just a bit south of copper canyon on the AZ side, however I did see more at other locations throughout the day.

Throttle
    I know what you're talking about, but I only see red x's. I would like to see the pic.
    no pix, sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast