Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Boats

78Anthonyjet
    Anyone know anything about Anthony Boats. I have a '78 21 foot with a 454 and a Berkely Jet and a Place diverter. I have only seen pictures of one other Anthony here on the boards, and it is in Colorado. Any info is appreciated.

76ANTHONY
    i've got a 76 anthony 18 foot. 455 with berkley jet with a place div. whats up? i just took mine out for the first time this weekend. needs more work. theres a pic in the just jets section, under how many boaters

Anthony Boats was Tony Hagwood. He was a rigger at Tahiti back in the day. I don't remember when he started at Tahiti but it was after my dad started there in '66. He lived in Bellflower if memory serves and for a while he and my dad were pretty good buddies. I can remember them going to the river at our place back then.
    Tony did like a lot of others and branched out on his own in the mid-70s when the jet boat deal was booming. I think his shop was in Hawaiian Gardens? He lasted until the gas crunch of 79-80 and packed it in.
    Last I heard, and this was a good 10 years ago, he was a preacher somewhere in Texas. :supp:

pops1
    Anyone know anything about Anthony Boats. I have a '78 21 foot with a 454 and a Berkely Jet and a Place diverter. I have only seen pictures of one other Anthony here on the boards, and it is in Colorado. Any info is appreciated.ANTHONY-The same as Anthony Pools, built in the early 60s or maybe late 60's a very classic first tunnel, Had great everything. Ran strong on small H.P. (outboards) I think all came Red Metalflake. Sold a lot of Boats back then. Company's pool division was source and it went B.K.- Not sure if yours is the same Anthony as I am making referance to. late 60's Anthony seemed to own Marine Stadium every weekend. N-who said Chopper Guns build POO. Seems to me that Chopper cross lamanet is still trying to be obtained in mats today.

damn double post

ANTHONY-The same as Anthony Pools, built in the early 60s or maybe late 60's a very classic first tunnel, Had great everything. Ran strong on small H.P. (outboards) I think all came Red Metalflake. Sold a lot of Boats back then. Company's pool division was source and it went B.K.- Not sure if yours is the same Anthony as I am making referance to. late 60's Anthony seemed to own Marine Stadium every weekend. N-who said Chopper Guns build POO. Seems to me that Chopper cross lamanet is still trying to be obtained in mats today.
    I think pops1 is talking about this Anthony Boats.....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...05100126AM.jpg
    that's an ad from 1960. But they have nothing to do with Tony Hagwoods Anthony Boats who built the 21 that 78anthonyjet has or the little 18 (I'm guessing it was a Southwind or Tahiti splash) that 76 anthony has. Same company name, that's all.
    Oh, and I've said in the past that chopper gun boats suck and I still stand by my statement. The problem is not with the chopper gun or the process with which it's used. It's the opperator of the gun who usually mixes a resin rich mixture to speed up the lamanation time creating a very brittle boat, i.e. Galixie boats and the like.

lakecrazy
    Here is a link with pics of my 1976 Anthony Jet.
    http://tampabayjetboats.no-ip.com/frank_yvette.htm

76ANTHONY
    nice 76, i like the rear seating. looks like i can do my rear seats differently :hammer2: :idea:

78Anthonyjet
    LAKECRAZY, that is 1 sweeeet a$$ ride, mine looks nothing like that. I deffinately have work to do to it. The pic in my avatar is my boat.

jtmarten
    Thanks for the info Old Rigger! Been looking for info about Anthonys for some time. I know of one other 23' daycruiser, but it has the stepped deck like a Sleekcraft. I've never run across another Anthony like mine but would love to see others. So were Anthonys hand-laid or chopper-gunned?
    Lakecrazy and 76Anthony; Great looking boats!!
    Any more info about the Anthonys please post.
    Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast