Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake saguaro.......?????????

a catered life
    anyone heard of it? its located in arizona....any info would be helpful a friend is having a party there in july and was wondering about the lake and surrounding area :frown:

cdog
    anyone heard of it? its located in arizona....any info would be helpful a friend is having a party there in july and was wondering about the lake and surrounding area :frown:
    I should tell you that it sucks.....But it's a good time. I took my old schiada there in the middle of summer a nd it was alot of fun. They have a beach area that everyone party's at, kinda like the sandbar and the scottsdale nightlife is always a good time. You'll love it.

BigDogIvan
    Personaly The lake sucks. But if you do go get there EARLY!!! or you will be in line to get in. Then it's one boat out one boat in.
    BD

Jordy
    It's actually Saguaro Lake. It's out in the East Valley and is the lowest in the chain of Salt River lakes. It's a fun lake, and there is a beach up at the top part of it. However, if you're not on the water early you end up sitting out in a parking lot North of the lake until it clears out some. Also, the last few times we've been out there, the water has been a disgusting brown algae color and the dead fish have been out in force. It's something that happens every year when it heats up. The algae bloom and suffocate the fish. Should be clearing up directly though. The boat ramps and parking are also kind of a pain in the ass if you have anything over about a 25' boat. I like it because of the beach, then again I'm kind of leary of tying up in the big floats and letting people I don't know trample all over my boat.

KACHINA KEN
    It's great during the week when nobody is around, I hope your friend gets the party spot early, Saguaro is the preferred lake of our Latino population here and most of the banks and available tables are occupied very early.

bajabri
    Had to miss OP6C last weekend but pulled a day trip at Saguaro instead...water was good, not really crowded...beach at party cove was full of good peeps...also got to watch the forest service choppers suck water from the lake next to us at the beach...all in all good show and a good time
    Would recommend...

KACHINA KEN
    Welcome to the boards Brian.

a catered life
    the water has been a disgusting brown algae color and the dead fish have been out in force. It's something that happens every year when it heats up. The algae bloom and suffocate the fish. Should be clearing up directly though. .
    how the hell do you suffocate a fish....... :jawdrop: now thats scary...thanks for the clear details jordy

bajabri
    Welcome to the boards Brian.
    Thanks...glad to be here...really enjoy the time spent at the boards...never fails to bring a chuckle or two.......

thom
    It's actually Saguaro Lake. It's out in the East Valley and is the lowest in the chain of Salt River lakes. It's a fun lake, and there is a beach up at the top part of it. However, if you're not on the water early you end up sitting out in a parking lot North of the lake until it clears out some. Also, the last few times we've been out there, the water has been a disgusting brown algae color and the dead fish have been out in force. It's something that happens every year when it heats up. The algae bloom and suffocate the fish. Should be clearing up directly though. The boat ramps and parking are also kind of a pain in the ass if you have anything over about a 25' boat. I like it because of the beach, then again I'm kind of leary of tying up in the big floats and letting people I don't know trample all over my boat.
    Thats sad to hear about the algae.. Years ago that used to be a nice lake.. WE used to go there all the time when i was in high school.
    Bartlett was always fun too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast