Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I love jetboats,

Dimarco Kid
    I just read some guys postings and you guys are correct in saying this is a Jet only forum. I'm a v-drive guy, but when I see outboard junkies dumping on fellow "real motor boaters" I have to say something. Don't mean any offense to you pump guys, but definately mean it to ignorant outboarders.
    Dimarco Kid

Ratpoision
    Ignernt Outboaders...whats yo problem...U got a "CAR" mota in ya bote an U call us Ignernt...dats bout rite fer ya'll V-drive boys(ya noticed i said Boys) and tha squirt bote boys ta be hangin tagether...ya'lls jus got too much money in ya pockets and tanks fer botes ta take 1500 or so HP ta make them git on plane...400# bote and a lil 150HP OB mota will kick ya ass so fast You'll wonder why ya got ya ugly ass out of bed ta start wit...Now I been look'in and jus not believ;in dat ya'll V-drive boys gunna be talkin bad bout us's O/B gang...Hell, I guess I should have expected az much when ya'll put ya moters in ya bote backasserds...Now ya'll be nice and maybe next time ya run into an O/B on tha lake He won't spank yo ass so bad...Ratpoision said dat!!

Poorboy....go back to your own silly forum, or can't you get anyone to talk to you? You have to come here for some intelligent conversation? Judging from your spelling you don't qualify.....good bye, good luck in prison.

HavasuBarney
    I was sitting here thinking, managed not to hurt myself and realized, I've never even riddin in a jet boat!!
    Always had outboards, 1 I/O, hmmmmmm. I think the exposed motors are very cool, like the header thing, just from my limited personal experience, I see very few really fast ones. Seems in big barren gap from the 50-60 mph boats to the 100+ to outa hand top fuelers.....500hp for 55, 1100 for 100....
    I love the rooster thing, but I do that too..
    I have a quiet outboard, 300 Promax, loud is not always better....have 2 Harleys also...
    I'm willing to go or even exchance rides, just to be fair. I'm willing to learn...

hoolign
    ratpoison...three words for you...hooked...on...phonix

rstover1
    Hey barney I dont live in cali and I've never been to havasu but I'd love to take you for a ride I've got a simple tx19 with a single carb 454 chevy its only about 390hp and I'm runnin an easy 65 mph when I get my droop I should be runnin mid 70's the thing about jet boats is the acceleration I've been in every kind of boat their is to be in from a 90+ mph ob to a 70 mph I/O. Nothing accelerates like a jet top speed may not be that high but getting to that speed is the most fun thats why I bought a jet plus I like the sound of a big block. Plus its not all about beating every one on the lake its not all that important to me there is always someone faster.If I can beat a few cool lets all have a beer and some fun thats what its all about anyway... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

HavasuBarney
    Well I'm not beating everybody now! But I love acceleration, I too am willing to give some top end for that...
    I also lack some vocabulary, I don't know droop, not sure that sounds good!
    I boat on Lake Mead and Lake Havasu, ,lots of LONG high speed cruising with passengers, rough water. I do love the sounds those big blocks make rumbling through the canyons, I just hate being right behind them in the channel.
    I'm seeing more and more, some of them big blown motors can handle some abuse, but can you run them hard?
    I also love to run very hard. I am not familiar with a big block that has all the versitlity with good range, speed, 90+. It may exist, I just have not seen it for any reasonable money.
    A friend of mine has a TX19 running an older OMC 235hp eggbeater, runs close to 90.

riverlover
    For me, my big block jet bring back a lot of awesome memories. When I was kid (30 yrs ago) my dad owned some kind of bad ass flat bottom v-drive. It was friggin loud (dry stacks)and dangerous. My folks had a vacation trailer at Parker near the dam. A place called Klines Cliff site. I don't know if it even still exist. My dad taught me to ski and tube (old school with truck inner tubes) behind that boat. We would cruise the river when it was a vacation spot for middle class Californians who couldn't afford much.
    When I was 9, my dad was murdered at work. Of course the trailer was sold and the boat soon followed. I didn't get back to the river until my late 20's.
    Blah, Blah, Blah....to make this story short, my loud V8 with it's inefficient pump bring back good memories. I don't really give 2 sh.ts who is first to the gas pump or dock. If I was truely interested in winning races against outboards I'd buy an blown alcohol boat and spank your outboard asses all day long. Besides, for the first 1/8 th of a mile you'll be sucking water from the rooster booster.
    I'm not trying to start some kinda war here I'm just saying if I own a jet and you own an o/b, we must have some reason, ya think?
    RL
    [This message has been edited by riverlover (edited July 30, 2001).]

rstover1
    Barney a droop is a add on for the pump that puts the nozle lower in the water and helps to get more of the boat out of the water I live in Oklahoma hopfully some day I will be able to afford a vacation to havasu. I've seen girls gone wild at havasu and it looks like a blast. Then again Texoma and euphalla both have great party spots. A freind of mine has a blown bbc in a tx and runs a gps 112mph the only trouble I've ever seen him have is a blower belt breaking but he dosent run a constant 112 mph all day long. I think o/b motors are more reliable but if I owned one and it did ever break I'd have to pay someone to fix it if my boat breaks I can fix it my self thats part of the reason I have a jet.

Dimarco Kid
    You guys read Ratpoisons post?
    My point has been made.
    Dimarco Kid
    P.S. My boat runs faster than Jay Wrights outboard drag boat, if you don't understand that one, don't try to figure it out.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast