Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SOUTHWIND 377

eliminatya
    dustin, i talked to jim brock this weekend at the drags, and he said he told you to try a closed center loader. was just wondering if you have tried it yet and if you have if it worked. let me know, i really want to see you make that boat haul ass.
    sam

SOUTHWIND377
    Hey, Sam I haven't tried it yet but I plan on it this weekend or this coming week. I also bought a couple wedges to change the nozzle angle since it doesn't have much. The water the jet puts out just breaks the surface so I plan to put it up about 2-3 feet above the surface of the water at WOT. This should help the boat lift some more, we took it out after adjusting the rideplate a couple of weeks ago and it was running around 86mph that is an improvement from 82-83. So we are making progress I think changing the nozzle angle will help considerably. Dustin

blownschiada
    southwind377 did you buy this boat from sam?if you did it used to be mine .I brought this boat back from the dead.do you have any pics?

killin milla
    Blown schiada,I'm going to smoke you!

blownschiada
    jet boats are for guys who are afraid to go fast,been there once and graduated to better toys you sissy

Kwicherbichen
    Milla Killa, is Tom finished with your ride?
    When are we gonna see some pics? Since we missed ya at "Run What Ya Brung".

SOUTHWIND377
    Blownschiada, here is a pic of the boat. What do you mean that you brought it back from the dead? Were did you get the boat from, can you give me any history on the boat? Did you ever drag the boat, if so what ET, mph?
    http://community.webshots.com/rz/r1/...eFdDwWF_ph.jpg

killin milla
    Kwicherbichen,got boat back from toms 2 weeks ago,got interior done last week,motor will be done this week,my carbs are at the carb shop,two more weeks to i get them,just to let you guys know blownschiada is my brother in-law,and yes i am going to finally smoke him!

blownschiada
    soutwind377 nice pic looks the same still with blower mtr.Ibought the boat for 800$with no jet,mtr.mounts,tanks,trailer,stripped to the bone,bare hull only.My friend and I built the motor mounts& transome plate I set the intake&pump. I painted the boat myself.I ran three motors in it (1)468 W/ two 650's (2)blown 468 w/ dual 1050's (3) blown 496 w/duall 1050's. If I figure out how to down load pics on here I will send you some of what it looked like when I got it.

blownschiada
    By the way,my broterinlaw "killinmilla" will never smoke me.His last "Tom" 100 mile per hour boat did a whoppin 67 on gps very impressive hahahaha!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast