Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it safe to spray WD-40 in spark plug hole?

PC Rat
    Big Daddy, you write in big sentences.

Clutch
    Hey Big Daddy
    Where's your jet drive I think you can go play'in w/ us you might be a little slow but the white caps shouldn't get to the windshield. HAHa.

Clutch
    JD
    The WD will work fine or marvel or trans fluid, just something so that's it's not dry. Remember that wd is very flamable, you might want to unhook your coil wire.Good luck Russell

Wicky
    Plug fouling???
    You guys are funny!!
    Wicky

BlownChevy
    Originally posted by jetdrive:
    In order to start the engine in my boat after six or seven months and to get it ready for the summer, I decided to take the spark plugs out, take the coil wire off and get the engine crankin' (for about 30 seconds or so) to get it a bit lubed up before actually firing it up. I was wondering, before I go ahead and crank it, is it a good idea to spray WD-40 inside the spark plug holes to minimize friction between the piston and the side of the cylinders?
    Thanx in advance...
    Hi, id like to put my two cents worth into this whole WD thing.... i have tore apart engines that have been years old and have been sitting on the oil pan... when i tore it apart the was a large amount of oil in the crank bearing and everywere... and becasue oil doesnt evaporate like water i see no reason to spray WD in the cylinders, there would already be enough lubrication once the rings start moving around the excess oil inside the notches of the rings would provide enough lubrication not to hurt the engine.... cranking it like the way u said would be not much different than just starting it up because oil pressure will be at normal withing a few seconds... correct me if im wrong at anypart u guys.... also who knows at what compression WD ignites?... on the first compression or power stroke it may just ignite and not work at all.... who nows.... see you later

mister460
    It's cheap insurance. Even if it's just to make you feel better. But BlownChevy is correct, the crank will throw oil onto the cylinder walls within the first turn and a half.

BigDaddy
    Well Just wanted to show Clutch My jet drive and wondering were his is or is it a Combustion Engine
    http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/...ET0ic60180.jpg
    Here ya go Clutch Maybe i wont have to worry about the White Caps
    Just Kidding if you only knew how much hell i have gotten from that truck Pic LOLOL Hope ya like it

Clutch
    BigDaddy
    Well piss on a twin turbo from now on!!!! I like THAT!!!!!! WOW that's impressive!!Yea white caps shouldn't be a problem because your probably off the water.HaHa

Clutch
    Maybe you could use my bbc as a starter motor HAHA!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12