Thread: Test run on river

lildozer
    I just got every thing back in my boat and went to set timing, got it set then came home and wash and waxed everything and the next day I went to check the oil and it was milky looking so I read everything in the forums and prayed to God that it was not a blown gasket. I checked the Bassett T valve and the ball was in the middle of the spring. Found the problem. Oil is great now. Saturday we finally found some who wanted to race. Let's just say the guy wasn't happy. I loose my speedo after 50mph, so I didn't know how fast we were going, so we blew these guys out of the water and put on a great show for all the other boaters. He gave up when we flew by him, we kepy going awhile then shut down and floated awhile. Then he they come around the corner and pulled up beside me and asked what I had for a motor. 455Olds I told them this guy couldn't believe it, He said he just put in a 496 Chevy and dumped to much money into it to get beat by a 455olds. So I asked him how fast he was going when I passed him and he said 69mph. I passed him at 3/4 throttle at 5000rpm and then let her rip 6500 rpm and the wife lost her new sunglasses and my heart stopped beatting, what a rush! So I'm just tickled pink. I would like to find out what the top speed is but I don't have a GPS. Sorry for talking to dawm much. The only bad thing that happened is my Reweaders turned blue, shit happens. My boat is a 74 Taylor SJ. If anyone knows what is the best set up for a speedo it would be great.

matt1
    Thats excelent what kind of pump do you have post some pics if posible.
    [This message has been edited by matt1 (edited June 02, 2002).]

Wet Dream
    Thats a great running Olds to get 6500 out of her. My friends Olds was stolen last year and he would get 6600 out of it. Not something you can do over night, but tinker here and there and they will get up and move. I assume you are using ARP's on the bottom? Good job.

hoolign
    that's a great feeling,mashin it at 60 and feelin your ass get planted in the seat,my old boat would really let you know it wanted to run from 50 to 74,congrats!