Thread: Yesterday's Boycott

Cas
    As much as I disagree with the illegals, at least they are trying to do something about it! I read what people think on the internet, read it in the newspapers, see it on the news and see all kinds of polls saying send them packing. What I don't see is any of us really doing something about the problem. We aren't out there boycotting, we aren't out there marching for what we believe in! All we're doing about it is lying to ourselves and the rest of the country by sitting back and talking about it.
    Now that yesterday came and went without any major issues, it'll be forgotten. We will all go back to washing and waxing the boats, complaining about this and that, worrying where the next party is going to be, etc.
    They got their voices heard and something will probably be done about it.
    We're doing nothing but talking big on a message board and we'll probably be complaining about it in a year or 2 that so and so didn't do this or that right.
    Isn't it time that we're the ones to send the message?
    This whole thing is a lot bigger than the noise law.....we had a chance to voice our opinions before it became a law. The law went into effect and people bitch.
    Write your congressman/woman, write your state senator. Just take a look at the proposed laws that are before our leaders here in CA, it's a friggin joke.
    Never have I thought about moving out of this state moreso than in the past couple of weeks. Ya know what, it's MY friggin home! Why should I bow down and leave what I've worked for?
    Vote these incumbent f*cks out!

Dave C
    No kidding.... the government listens to those that complain the loudest.
    The reason we have some screwed up laws in this state is because of the "vocal minority".
    the vocal minority is organized and dedicated to whatever their cause may be.

NOTALENT
    Actually we are doing something about it. We are taking it to the voting elections. There is know way possible for us to round up that many people. Even if we could it is much worse for us....we have something to lose, money to be lossed and familys to feed with that money.
    I dont know if anyone was watching FOX 11 News yesterday around 3pm...but they had the John and Ken show on. These guys were awesome...they were fighting for our side....going after the media for the one sided coverage and saying what most of us wanted to be said.
    It was funny the main comeback was that we took the land from MEXICO!!! haha...fock that...they should have fought harder. Lifes a biatch. Now that we have these laws they need to be followed.

WaTchTheGelCoat
    Ok, do you really want to know why thre isnt any noise from the "other" side? Because, the second the "other" side makes noise they are labled a RACIST That, is why.

MagicMtnDan
    Good point! We've got to make our voices heard by voting - vote the incumbents OUT!
    In the meantime, here's how we can reach our legislators:
    Enter a California zip code to find what Legislators represent that area (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html)
    And here's the contact info for our dreadful Senators:
    Boxer, Barbara- (D - CA) Class III
    112 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
    (202) 224-3553
    E-mail her: http://boxer.senate.gov/contact/email/policy.cfm
    Feinstein, Dianne- (D - CA) Class I
    331 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
    (202) 224-3841
    E-mail her: http://feinstein.senate.gov/email.html

Cas
    Ok, do you really want to know why thre isnt any noise from the "other" side? Because, the second the "other" side makes noise they are labled a RACIST That, is why.
    I see it more as people are not informed. Come election time, people just vote their party or maybe it's because they like the color shirt someone is wearing. People don't really look into what the candidate is really all about.
    Take Steve Westly for example, he's playing on the hatred for Bush by saying he'll fight GW on the oil situation. He'll probably end up with a lot of votes because of it. To me, people need to look into exactly what his agenda is.
    On top of that, what good is he really going to do if the current politicians fight his every step?