Thread: Total 18 sunk !

vdrivenman
    on sam rayburn at rattlesnake island on friday evening the storm sunk four
    low profile bass boats.
    saturdays was even worse and came in much quicker. some could not even
    pull anchor & get cranked. sunk fourteen,everything from bass to wake boats and even a larger bay boat.
    no loss of life,just property damage. one injured jumping head first off a bank into shallow water, unable to move had to haul him out by boat and then by chopper!
    no flats or jets,several clamps ons and lots of nice bathing suits !

oldbuck40
    on sam rayburn at rattlesnake island on friday evening the storm sunk four
    low profile bass boats.
    saturdays was even worse and came in much quicker. some could not even
    pull anchor & get cranked. sunk fourteen,everything from bass to wake boats and even a larger bay boat.
    no loss of life,just property damage. one injured jumping head first off a bank into shallow water, unable to move had to haul him out by boat and then by chopper!
    no flats or jets,several clamps ons and lots of nice bathing suits !vdriveman,,i saw that crap come thru here at waxahachie around 1pm on friday and yea it was nasty looking! we saw all kinds of stuff up in the sky trash bags,paper cups,ect! hell we even saw a large cardboard flying about 500ft in the air,,,glad there wasnt too much damage...

vdrivenman
    we were actually on the back side of the island and a guy ran to the top and hollered go for the banks NOW.
    i pulled the anchor and cranked and headed in. we made it to the ramp we use and i just parked ours up in the weeds and helped peeps load their boats,those with kids,& trying to load by themselves. we did that till the lighting got to hot and hung in the truck till it passed.
    there was some hail & wind damage,but nothing of the magnitude in some of the other pic's i've seen.
    glad i wasn't off shore fishing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldbuck40
    yea we didnt get alot of rain out of it maybe an inch but the damn lightning was bad and the clouds were way down low and swirling! pretty wild stuff. we've been lucky though this year we havent had any bad storms up until last friday.

Greaser
    Glad you came out of it with out damage. It can get kinda scary sometime.