Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diesels

framer1
    Ford, Dodge, GMC who has the best diesel engine? I'm a GMC man but you never know with these great prices.

STV_Keith
    Engine? Dodge. Can't beat a Cummins.

Jordy
    Cummins is great, I'll give ya that.
    Truck and tranny? GM. You can't beat an Allison. I run mine at kill all the time and pull 16,500lb generators around and it runs like it's not back there. I have 2 duramaxes and you couldn't steer me another direction.
    Maybe it's the lifetime warranty on the transmission I got.

sigepmock
    I agree that the Cummins is a great engine but the rest of the truck is crap. I used to think the Fords and Chevy's were pretty equal, thinking it came down to personal preference, but I changed my mind yesterday. My buddy Jason had an 05 crew cab F250 that he lifted, did exhaust, etc.......Well it started overheating towing his 27' boat. He thought maybe the lift and all the mods may had caused it so he sold the truck and bought a brand new 05 F350 dually about two weeks ago......guess what....Only 1500 miles on the truck and it's already overheating and the truck is completely stock. He's called the dealer and has to take it in this week. Looks like he's going to buy a Chevy with the DMax. I love mine so far, rides nice, pulls like a champ, 16+ mpg so far, and my wife even likes to drive it.
    Chris

Just Tool'n
    I bought a Dmax in March could not even think of owning another type of truck.
    My best friend bought a F-250 Superduty 6.0L in Jan of this year, Its a nice truck, it runs good, it has a little more room inside than the Chevy. But the Chevy has a better interior. More creature comforts in the chevy over the ford.
    The real reason I bought chevy was ther Allison Transmission, Ford has had too many tranny problems in there past superduty's, I know this one is new for 05, time will tell on the tranny issue.

LHC30Victory
    What they said! The Cummins is a great motor..but the rest of the truck is not what I wanted. The Ford's are good but too many trans and other issues. The GM DMax/Allison is the best truck I have EVER owned! Pulls our 30 w/twins like it wasn't there! 20mph on the fwy (level) and over 11 towing to Mojave and back!
    Can't wait to see what Banks will do for it

PHX ATC
    We've got 2 Cummins in the garage. I like them for what they are. 2001 1/2 and a 2004. Both great trucks as far as we've owned them since new.
    I do like the Chevy and the Ford.
    All 3 have their shortcomings and great features. Drive all 3 and see what suits your fancy.

Jordy
    Can't wait to see what Banks will do for it
    Save your money on the Banks as there is much better stuff out there.

PHX ATC
    Save your money on the Banks as there is much better stuff out there.
    What he said. Banks stuff carries a hefty price tag for merely a nameplate that you can stick on the side. A buddy of mine with an 04 Ford Powerchoke, er stroke, has gone through 4 computer chips and Banks just said, "they're not designed for the heat." Not good press in my opinion.
    There's plenty of other vendors...bullydog, Edge, etc.

Jordy
    There's plenty of other vendors...bullydog, Edge, etc.
    Now I'm not going to say one is better than the other, but you might hit STV Keith up and get his thoughts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast