Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to spin a twin turbine 50 footer...

bigd1

LUVNLIFE
    Wow that's alot of boat to spin around. I couldn't tell did anyone get tossed out?

Sane Asylum
    That's a great vid.......!

bigd1
    I read somewhere that nobody got tossed out - it just got away from them at speed - pretty scary.

Sweet Addiction
    So whats the deal with all the smoke afterwards, guessing it blew up the engines.

DrewDown
    So whats the deal with all the smoke afterwards, guessing it blew up the engines.Steam from the water hitting the hot turbines/exhaust

Sweet Addiction
    I was thinking that after the post said twin turbine. Duh.

JetBoatRich
    looks like a wild ride :supp:

rivergoer
    i work on turbines what it most likely was is the driver jerking thottles bak and fourth fillin the plenum chamber up with fuel befor getting to the compressor stae the turbine r to burn th fuel and well not enough pressure to make it ignit so th engines die out a the fuel burns off n steam and lea out of the fuel ejetion port valve. if it was wer the engins would stll be running because the watter would hve bure through the mtor with the fuel and would not have effeced the motor like that. if you notid n power from the boat ater the spin. turbines have a 3 12 second te delay n a full off no throttle spee position. so the boat would have jet forwad but it did no they just flooded the plenum. i work on these though
    http://www.mca-marines.org/leatherne.../images/13.jpg

HOSS
    i work on turbines what it most likely was is the driver jerking thottles bak and fourth fillin the plenum chamber up with fuel befor getting to the compressor stae the turbine r to burn th fuel and well not enough pressure to make it ignit so th engines die out a the fuel burns off n steam and lea out of the fuel ejetion port valve. if it was wer the engins would stll be running because the watter would hve bure through the mtor with the fuel and would not have effeced the motor like that. if you notid n power from the boat ater the spin. turbines have a 3 12 second te delay n a full off no throttle spee position. so the boat would have jet forwad but it did no they just flooded the plenum. i work on these though
    http://www.mca-marines.org/leatherne.../images/13.jpg
    I hope your better at working on them then spelling. Cause thats some phucked up sheet to read.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast