Thread: Hydraulic unit for diverter

GBLASER
    Mine just took a dump... 3 1/2 years old. I'm told that it is under warranty as long as it has no water damage. Won't they all have some sort of water damage, since they are in the bilge?.(even though mine is about 2 feet out of any water) I'm told that I need to bring it home to be checked before they can determine if it is under warranty or water damaged. If I have to pay for a new one does anyone have a connection? Or better yet will anyone warranty it?

If that is a Bennett pump, call them for tech help. Might be less of a problem than you are assuming. They are also supposed to be pretty good with their service. There was a recent post in Just Jets about them.

GBLASER
    Shockwave: That's what I thought, but the tech kinda laughed and said that it has a "limited" warranty and that if there was any damage caused by water it would void the warranty. I told him that the unit never has gotten wet and he said, " it's around water isn't it ", bring it in and they will run a test to see if water or moisture caused it to fail.
    Kinda sounds like BS

Dana Marine Products
    Bennett is very leniant on warranties. That pump carries a 5 year warranty. As a worse case scenario if your pump is not under warranty thay have a pump exchange program where you can get the pump for roughly 1/2 price. I'd advise sending it back unless your in a big hurry.

cave
    Bennett Marine has the best customer service. My pump dumped after 3 years in my Jet boat and it gets pretty wet where its mounted. Mike took care of me. They sent me a brand new one and all I had to do was fill out a paper and pay shipping for the old pump back to Bennett. Awesome company.

GBLASER
    Great to hear.... I've sent them an E mail. Thanks for the input