Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castaic WHAT THE ???????

marty722
    Went to castaic today for the first time this year..... $22.00 for the Day? For that price you would think they could clean the floating out house... What a mess they were...... I bought a annual pass for BV which would be much cheaper... Goodbye Castaic!!!!!

JetBoatRich
    I believe they raised the fees last year

LUVNLIFE
    To much money for what you get. Speed limit, no cold ones and rookie boaters up the you know what.

JetBoatRich
    Castaic Sucks

Umongus
    Was at Castaic yesterday...wasn't too bad, left at noon. It does suck but it's 15 minutes away adn good enough when I just have the morning.
    While waiting to load the boat back on the trailer though, some dude who barely spoke English launched his 70 something jet boat, faded, beat up, and then tried to prime the carb while at the ramp, in the water. Well it wouldn't start and while he was trying, the boat started sinking...NO PLUG!!!!!!! The lifegaurd and I were standing there when some guy came over to help him and noticed that there was no plug. We asked him where the plug was and he said "I DONT KNOW". The lifeguard told him to get his trailer back so we could get the thing out of the water before it was too late so he looked up, grabbed the oar and tried to paddle....to who knows where, we were still at the the ramp!!!!!! Finally the lifeguard yelled at him and he ran after his wife in the truck and brought her back to the ramp so she could "attempt" to back down again. We finally got that thing back on the trailer and there was a rag stuck where the plug should be so I pulled it out and the lake started pouring out. Then he asks me "do I need a plug?" I asked him if the boat was his and he said " I just bought it"....go figure. I think next week I'm going to just bring a lawn chair out there and see if comes back.....pure comedy. I just hope he doesn't get out there and hurt someone.
    Tony

Castaic
    I think next week I'm going to just bring a lawn chair out there and see if comes back.....pure comedy.
    Tony
    Did that about a month ago.......funny shit goin on :hammerhea

SoCalKev
    Castaic Sucks
    Well, where's a good lake with coves around here besides Pyramid?

Brooski
    Went to castaic today for the first time this year..... $22.00 for the Day? For that price you would think they could clean the floating out house... What a mess they were...... I bought a annual pass for BV which would be much cheaper... Goodbye Castaic!!!!!
    Piru is up to $20 on weekends now. I guess they have to pay for that brand new launch ramp they built AT THE WINDIEST PART OF THE LAKE. :boxingguy
    Okay, deep breath, I feel better now.

mike3245
    Castaic is expensive, but for only being 15 minutes away from my house, I go. I also get there by about 9 am and stay until about 4,5, or 6 just so I feel like I got my moneys worth. Plus it can be fun back in the back cove watching all the stuff going on back there.............................. :lightsabe

LAPII
    The Fee increase is from a law suit that the facility has incurred sometime ago according to the staff there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast