Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Series of Poker

LaveyJet
    Started with over 5000 entrants, down to less than 100
    7.5 mil to the winner
    LAS VEGAS - The unprecedented 29,000-plus poker enthusiasts from around the globe who have descended on Las Vegas to participate in the 2005 World Series of Poker have generated a total net prize pool of more than $103 million - more than doubling the previous participation and prize money records set last year at the tournament. Three World Series of Poker events remain to be played.
    The World Series of Poker main event - a $10,000 No Limit Texas Hold'em tournament - also set prize and participation records for a single live poker event, attracting 5,619 players competing for $56,190,000 in gross prize money. The previous single-event records belonged to the 2004 World Series of Poker main event, which drew 2,576 players and generated a gross prize pool of $25,760,000.
    The multi-event live tournament record also belonged to the 2004 World Series of Poker, which attracted 14,054 player registrations last year.
    To accommodate the unprecedented field of players in this year's main event, tournament organizers spread its start over three days. The main event, which began July 7, is expected to conclude July 15. Its winner will walk away with $7.5 million, up from $5 million in 2004. Each player who makes the final table in 2005 will win at least $1 million. The top nine places will pay as follows:
    1st: $7.5 million
    2nd: $4.25 million
    3rd: $2.50 million
    4th: $2 million
    5th: $1.75 million
    6th: $1.5 million
    7th: $1.3 million
    8th: $1.15 million
    9th: $1 million
    "With players coming to Las Vegas from more than 40 countries, this year's turnout demonstrates that the World Series of Poker is an international sporting phenomenon on par with the most prestigious events held anywhere on the globe," said Gary Thompson, director of operations and communications for the World Series of Poker. "We're thrilled to see the unprecedented growth we've experienced in the two years since Harrah's purchased the tournament."

phebus
    Is there a website where you can go to see who remains in the tournament?

LaveyJet
    Here you go link (http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tour...69&screen=logs)
    Last years winner Greg "Fossil Man" Raymer is still in it.

All IN
    Card Player gives minute by minute updates

LaveyJet
    yea, the link I posted is to card player.
    Kinda like to see Raymer repeat, but he took a big hit last night.

NashvilleBound
    My brother-in-law won a spot in this years game...out the first night...he was bummed to say the least.

WaTchTheGelCoat
    500th place took home $12,300 The only problem I see is people like the asshat wearing an elmo mask whenever he is in a hand, making a total mockery of the game.

boater72
    500th place took home $12,300 The only problem I see is people like the asshat wearing an elmo mask whenever he is in a hand, making a total mockery of the game.
    Not bad when the buy in is only $10,000!

NashvilleBound
    Loads of people get into the game for $25 to $500 playing in tourneys. Now thats a pretty good return....

AZKC
    The only problem I see is people like the asshat wearing an elmo mask whenever he is in a hand, making a total mockery of the game.
    Yeah thats a little over the top. :boxingguy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast