Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed with 19' Liberator.....

hoffman
    you should be getting more than that. I get 94mph on gph with two people and half tank in my 21ft Liberator.
    Are you running a 20" or 15" mid? I would definitly suggest the 15. The 20 is to high on the 19. Putting a 15 on it would gain you better handling and more speed. Just like anything else the lower the center of gravity is the better off you are. You still havent said what prop you are running and rpms. Change of prop can do wounder. Just my .02 cents. Good luck

Cliff98z
    you should be getting more than that. I get 94mph on gph with two people and half tank in my 21ft Liberator.
    Are you running a 20" or 15" mid? I would definitly suggest the 15. The 20 is to high on the 19. Putting a 15 on it would gain you better handling and more speed. Just like anything else the lower the center of gravity is the better off you are. You still havent said what prop you are running and rpms. Change of prop can do wounder. Just my .02 cents. Good luck
    Sorry I'm not sure on the rpms, I'll check it out this weekend.

stoker2001
    Are you running a 20" or 15" mid? I would definitly suggest the 15. The 20 is to high on the 19. Putting a 15 on it would gain you better handling and more speed. Just like anything else the lower the center of gravity is the better off you are. You still havent said what prop you are running and rpms. Change of prop can do wounder. Just my .02 cents. Good luckmostly true,but going to a 15 will cost big$ and will not gain on topend on this application.they sure look cool tho does he have the same HP motor that you run on your 21?

Cliff98z
    mostly true,but going to a 15 will cost big$ and will not gain on topend on this application.they sure look cool tho does he have the same HP motor that you run on your 21?
    I was thinking most of the 21ft lib's have a 300 promax. My motor is just a 2.5.

blender over
    My 21ft liberator has a 225 marnier super mag (same as promax) runs 83mph with 25pitch 4 blade ballistic ,2 people,7000 rpm's ,full tanks,stock motor.
    Figured that was good for that setup,never tried anything else.

hoffman
    I have a 2.5 offshore on my Liberator. The only thing that I have done is a svs intake, 1" spacer, 28cc heads and the alt.kit. internals are all stock. It is nikasealed though. I run a 26 or 28 mazco chopper. The 26 best I've seen is 92 on gps. and the 28 94mph on gps. The 28 was not in to good of shape it had dings and scraches all over it. I'm sure if it was running a ET I would gain more. Those speeds are running with 2 people and Half tank ( 20 gallons). And I am not light.

blender over
    I have a 2.5 offshore on my Liberator. The only thing that I have done is a svs intake, 1" spacer, 28cc heads and the alt.kit. internals are all stock. It is nikasealed though. I run a 26 or 28 mazco chopper. The 26 best I've seen is 92 on gps. and the 28 94mph on gps. The 28 was not in to good of shape it had dings and scraches all over it. I'm sure if it was running a ET I would gain more. Those speeds are running with 2 people and Half tank ( 20 gallons). And I am not light.
    at what rpm was that at

hoffman
    Most of the time I dont watch the tach. but I have seen it 7500 and close to 8000. Usally when I look at one I dont look at the other. I dont like to take my eyes off of the river when I go thoughs speeds. Its to dangerous and you never know when someone else is not paying attention.

steven
    what prop? side tanks or rear tank? thanks...

Cliff98z
    rear tanks, 26P prop. I took everthing out of the boat the weekend before I had motor troubles and saw98mph. I'm getting the lower unit worked and the prop center section repaired.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12