Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little puzzled??

Cas
    Very nice looking boat!
    If you are unsure about your set-up and you can't get help from where you bought it, take it down to Glen Schuler at Plaesure Boat Specialties in San Jose. He'll set it straight for you and I would think the company you bought it from ought to foot the bill.
    If you need any help, there's a lot of us here in NorCal that can give you a hand. Also, check out the links in my signature and join us at Tower Park on the Delta at the end of Aug.....tons of fun!
    Since the top end was done, I'm going to assume that the intake bolts were not retorqued after running it the first time. Check the intake bolts to see if they are loose, as someone said earlier, that could very well be where the leak is.

hondajoey
    one more thing to mention make sure you get that water cleaned out of the oil, it might take a couple of oil changes but you dont want to run the oil in that condition because you could damage the engine bearings

Floored
    and just say NO to Fram filters!!!! Go NAPA

'78 gt boat
    Thanks for all the advice. I have been pulling out my hair for the past two weeks cause I couldn't find a place to take it to in town here. The place I bought it said they would be willing to cut me a check to have it worked on elsewhere. They don't have the time to work on it being the busy time of year for them or some s@$! like that. The delta sounds great at the end of Aug. I will try to be there. Only one day off per week Sundays. I need to get back on the water!!!!

I'd be happy to go over your pluming issues with you by phone. Looking at the pic there's a couple things that don't appear correct including those mentioned above. just PM me you phone # if you need some assistance.
    Mike @ Rex Marine

'78 gt boat
    Thanks Rex, I'll get a hold of you.

ANY&ALL
    congrats on your boat purchase. GT boats is an awesome boat, I have a 79 GT bubble deck also very fast hull built in setback factory Also GT boats are still in buisness. They dont make the boats anymore but there great to talk to joe new owner has been very helpful. I have had mine for 3 1/2 years and started with a hull, I was a newby to jet boats but everyone one here has been awesome and tons of help, I could not have done this complete restoration with out them any ? please call and yea i had a milk shake 4 times before i figured it out now just turn key and gas and enjoy fast little boat to boot 209 267 5885 chad.

SummitKarl
    Wait I think I see the whole problem here
    the distributor is at the wrong end of the motor :wink:

'78 gt boat
    I was desperately trying to find out about the boat. Thanks for the info. I will call on Mon. They may know about this boat. I really like the boat and was ear to ear grin'n the first time I took it out. My godfather was with me and kept sayin, " Punch it, Punch it let's see what this thing can do!" Before I knew it the spedo was bounc'n off of 60. I was happier than a pig in slop. Thanks again for the info. I'm findin that this board is very friendly and helpfull. Thanks a bunch for all the help.

'78 gt boat
    LOL!!! Another Ford fanatic. I personally am a Mustang man myself but could not pass up the $3300 price tag of this boat. It's a mean son of a B. :crossx:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast