Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking For a Flatbottom

TPI
    Guys,
    As much as I love flatbottoms, I am surprised that this is my first time in this forum. I am looking for some help, if possible. I am rekindling my v-drive roots. I am looking for a VERY nice mid 80's Cole TR4 or TR7. Preferrably less motor. I really want to find one of the BGF's from that era. There are about three boats I have on my mind, that I would love to locate:
    1. A boat called "California Thunder" a baby blue Cole with some nice candy's.
    2. This boat is a TR4 That Baca painted ALL Candy orange. I think the installation is blue, not sure. I have seen it racing ME before at the IHBA.
    3. Lastly, the TR2 "Ice Cole". I lost track of where this boat went, but the last time I saw it, the laquer was checking pretty bad. I guess I could restore it.
    If anyone knows of the where abouts of these boats or another nice TR4/TR7 raised deck cole with ash floors, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Gary Taylor

77charger

TPI
    Thanks but I am looking for a boat with ash floors, and the thought of spending another 1000+ hours on the mill and lathe fabricating an installation makes me a bit sick. I really dont want to build a new one. There has to be one out there somewhere.

ColeTR2
    The big question is whats in the budget? I will help you look, if I have some Idea where to start
    Here is a Dimarco this is a very good runnerbottom link below
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...3685QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    On the other end of the spectrum, buy this TR4 below and take it to Prime Marine. Have them do all the hardware, that way you will have to spend zero hours on the mill . Then on to billy B's Krazy Kolors for some paint. It's as easy as 1-2-3. Good Luck!
    Here are some more pics. Boat is still for sale.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...005_2_-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...002_2_-med.jpg

vdrivenman
    Nuthin has a nice cole tr2 for sale w or w/o power .
    has the old school style paint i am unsure as to the type floors.
    i do know he is Anal about his toys and they are well kept.

TPI
    Cole cash is a gorgeous boat. It also runs straight and fast. I used to spend a lot of time around that boat. Unfortunately its not what I am looking for.
    Regarding a new boat. Dont get me wrong, I love fabricating, and I love making billet strut mounts milled motor rails, v-drive supports etc........Its just a bit time cinsuming these days, and it would be really tough for me to pay someone to do that for me. I would like to meet Billy B though and talk to him about a candy orange paint job. I have seen his work and its very nice. If I have to resort to building a new hull, I will go that route, but that would be the very last resort. Someone has to have an immaculate TR4 in their garage covered up that needs a good home? There were some very cool boats made in the mid-late 80's, and that is what I am really looking for. As far as the price goes: It just has to be fair. We all know what a good used flatbottom costs, and a nice one will be even more $. I wonder what happened to that all white TR4 that sat in the back of Coles shop for 8+ years. It was a heavy boat with an installation about 3/4 of the way done. It had a lot of potential. Keep me updated guys, if you hear of anything I am looking for. Thanks Gary Taylor (805)480-2693

ColeTR2
    Someone has to have an immaculate TR4 in their garage covered up that needs a good home? There were some very cool boats made in the mid-late 80's, and that is what I am really looking for.
    I know this does not help you, but this one sold about a year ago, in like one day for 16k. I have not seen many TR4's for sale maybe two or three in the last five years. I wonder how many TR4's where made? That one that was in Coles shop I member him telling something about insurance would not let him manufacture anymore flatbottoms?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...79179585_1.jpg

Gary, I am working on Robert. He said $$ would influence his decison but doesn't it always?

TPI
    Tony,
    Can you e-mail me with any details?
    Also, That one in the pic above is VERY nice.

Speedin' Ian
    Jim Cole sold that TR-4 about 6 months before he closed up shop, when we bought our TR-2 I towed it down to his shop to get some history on it and he had that TR-4 outside waiting for the new owner to pick it up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast