Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking For a Flatbottom

TPI
    Thanks guys,
    I have received a BUNCH of phone calls and assistance on this. I appreciate it.

heywood jablome
    Ice Cole was in Chatsworth as of a few years ago...the guy that bought it from Mike Bell lived out there.
    I have tried to call him to see if he still had the boat.
    The paint was ok, there was some checking of the clear on the deck.
    i doubt it is for sale...but if it is, ill let you know

steveo143
    There is a nice tr-4 on Dragboats.com if your still looking.

dmontzsta
    The first boat you described sounds alot like this one. I met the guy and took a ride in it last weekend at Elsinore. He actually said he lived in Chatsworth too, it said XXXXX Thunder 472 or something on the deck too. He loves the boat and said he had it since 99 or so.
    http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/M...ats/LECole.jpg

The boat that GT is buying makes all of these other ones posted look like serious chump change (or the SS 80).

Bite the Bullet
    Guys,
    As much as I love flatbottoms, I am surprised that this is my first time in this forum. I am looking for some help, if possible. I am rekindling my v-drive roots. I am looking for a VERY nice mid 80's Cole TR4 or TR7. Preferrably less motor. I really want to find one of the BGF's from that era. There are about three boats I have on my mind, that I would love to locate:
    1. A boat called "California Thunder" a baby blue Cole with some nice candy's.
    2. This boat is a TR4 That Baca painted ALL Candy orange. I think the installation is blue, not sure. I have seen it racing ME before at the IHBA.
    3. Lastly, the TR2 "Ice Cole". I lost track of where this boat went, but the last time I saw it, the laquer was checking pretty bad. I guess I could restore it.
    If anyone knows of the where abouts of these boats or another nice TR4/TR7 raised deck cole with ash floors, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Gary Taylor
    Hey Gary, the candy orange TR4 sounds like my "NiCole n Dimed" boat number 510. I sold it to Rick Tatlow who raced it in ME. He lived in Lake Elsinore last I talked to him. I think he may have sold the boat to someone in Illinois. I would love to see you purchase and restore that boat! It was truely a neat deal!! Les

Clearlake Kid
    Anybody know of an experimental hull that Cole did ?? I was told it was a tr4 tr5 combo. Ran IHBA bgf i think the guy who owened it was Norega. Black with a wing.................

Bite the Bullet
    Anybody know of an experimental hull that Cole did ?? I was told it was a tr4 tr5 combo. Ran IHBA bgf i think the guy who owened it was Norega. Black with a wing.................
    The boat was "Quick Draw" and the owner/driver was Chuck Noriega. The hull was not experimental. Cole mated the 4 top with a 2 bottom and called it a TR6. A 3 bottom and a 4 top was a TR5.

Clearlake Kid
    The boat was "Quick Draw" and the owner/driver was Chuck Noriega. The hull was not experimental. Cole mated the 4 top with a 2 bottom and called it a TR6. A 3 bottom and a 4 top was a TR5.
    Thanks for the info. That is the name on the boat. Did the boat run good ? I'm trying to figure out if the boat would make a good river boat.

Bite the Bullet
    Thanks for the info. That is the name on the boat. Did the boat run good ? I'm trying to figure out if the boat would make a good river boat.
    "Quick Draw" ran an Arias and was in the 140 + mph range. It's a race boat lay up and may not be suitable for lake use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast