Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking For a Flatbottom

Marty Gras
    Gary, did Gene sell the mold (7/8's) that he got from Howard? That boat is directly off of a Cole. I know you want to save time/ money, but does it ever work the way you want it to? I'll be moving a mill into my workshop soon. (just in case) Do you ever talk to Roddy?

TPI
    I thought Gene sold the flatbottom mold to Ron Braaksma, not sure. I do talk to Roddy occassionally. I think I found the flattbottom I wanted. Thanks for the help.

mbrown2
    I think I found the flattbottom I wanted. Thanks for the help.
    When you going to post some pics?

TPI
    Gimme a couple weeks to get caught up. There is a long story that goes with it too. You guys will like it, but I have a few things to do before I can play with the flatbottom. Seriously, I received a bunch of input from this thread, and it was very cool. Thanks again.

mbrown2
    Gimme a couple weeks to get caught up. There is a long story that goes with it too. You guys will like it, but I have a few things to do before I can play with the flatbottom. Seriously, I received a bunch of input from this thread, and it was very cool. Thanks again.
    Good luck with the possible acquisition..

Bump
    Guys,
    As much as I love flatbottoms, I am surprised that this is my first time in this forum. I am looking for some help, if possible. I am rekindling my v-drive roots. I am looking for a VERY nice mid 80's Cole TR4 or TR7. Preferrably less motor. I really want to find one of the BGF's from that era. There are about three boats I have on my mind, that I would love to locate:
    1. A boat called "California Thunder" a baby blue Cole with some nice candy's.
    2. This boat is a TR4 That Baca painted ALL Candy orange. I think the installation is blue, not sure. I have seen it racing ME before at the IHBA.
    3. Lastly, the TR2 "Ice Cole". I lost track of where this boat went, but the last time I saw it, the laquer was checking pretty bad. I guess I could restore it.
    If anyone knows of the where abouts of these boats or another nice TR4/TR7 raised deck cole with ash floors, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Gary Taylor
    Gary,
    Your search sounds similar to mine a few years ago. I was on a mission to find the original IceCole. I did a lot of searching and finally tracked down the guy who owns it. In My Humble Opinion, what a sketchy guy. He had this giant BS story about how he was chosen by Mike Bell and all Jim Cole's BFF drivers to carry on the Cole BFF legacy. The BS was long and thick and the guy was kinda creepy. I mean there was a lot of plain ol' fabrication that might pass muster at a bar to someone who knows nothing of drab boats but geez. He now uses the boat on his personal web site to promote his dream of being a a Top Fuel land dragster racer. He has a picture of Mike driving it and passes it off as himself. He stuck a mild unblown BBC in the boat and tried to learn the drive it. He even went to Jerry who drove Cole's spooky to get "a lesson". But the guy had a fuel fire in the boat there near Jerry's place near Needles or Laughlin. I'm not certain how badly the boat was damaged. It is a sad end to that boat.

Gary... Please don't take this the wrong way but, I am supprised that you aren't going to build a new boat. After seeing your engines and how "sweet" they are, I wouldn't think that you would never be happy with someone elses installation. But, what the hell do I know anyway. Good luck with your find and please post pictures...
    I am sure it will come out great either way
    Steve

PLASTIC MAN
    Guys,
    As much as I love flatbottoms, I am surprised that this is my first time in this forum. I am looking for some help, if possible. I am rekindling my v-drive roots. I am looking for a VERY nice mid 80's Cole TR4 or TR7. Preferrably less motor. I really want to find one of the BGF's from that era. There are about three boats I have on my mind, that I would love to locate:
    2. This boat is a TR4 That Baca painted ALL Candy orange. I think the installation is blue, not sure. I have seen it racing ME before at the IHBA.
    3. Lastly, the TR2 "Ice Cole". I lost track of where this boat went, but the last time I saw it, the laquer was checking pretty bad. I guess I could restore it.
    If anyone knows of the where abouts of these boats or another nice TR4/TR7 raised deck cole with ash floors, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Gary Taylor
    GARY,
    WE COULD MAKE YOU ONE WITH OAK FLOORS!!! 8 -10 WEEKS
    AROUND 12,000.00 FLOORS WOULD BE REALLY NICE!!! ( LIKE THE 2ND PICTURE) OR WE HAVE THE WHITE ONE WITH BLASA FLOORS. $8500.00 IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT NICE , YOUR GOING TO SPEND THE BIG BUCKS MAKING A OLDER BOAT BITCHEN JUST BY MAKING EVERYTHING NEW!!! TRUST ME I'VE BEEN THERE!!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ole_005_2_.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...TIE_002_2_.jpg

California Thunder info

Quote Originally Posted by Bite the Bullet View Post
    Guys,
    Thanks
    Gary Taylor
    Hey Gary, the candy orange TR4 sounds like my "NiCole n Dimed" boat number 510. I sold it to Rick Tatlow who raced it in ME. He lived in Lake Elsinore last I talked to him. I think he may have sold the boat to someone in Illinois. I would love to see you purchase and restore that boat! It was truely a neat deal!! Les
    The baby blue boat Cole Tr-6 that is called California Thunder has the number on the side of 559 which was painted by Billy B
    I owned the boat for about 6 years and was built in 86 and was blown
    very nice boat with a lot of custom parts
    I have a Facebook full of pics
    Boat sold in 2004 or 2005 to guy in Florida with IHBA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123