Hi guys, still continuing with the restoration of my 1970 Century MKII....the boat originally came with some nibral 14x12 prop (sitting at the bottom of the lake right now), does it pay for me to purchase some name brand or aftermarket prop (like OJ or something from Ron Hill, etc)? Also same thing with the rudder, the one that's on now is bent pretty bad, so if I'm going to replace it, should I might as well install something else than stock, does it pay to make the leading edge razor sharp, or is that a waste of time? I guess what I'm getting at, will these things improve speed by a half mile an hour, or make my boat a 45 mph instead of a 38 mph boat?? I don't know enough about this stuff to know if it's worth doing, so any help is appreciated! Thanks!
P.S. Don't know if it matters, but here are some specs....318 Mopar with fresh Paragon trans and Vdrive that I just rebuilt (1:1 ratio)...max rpm for the trans is 4000 and 260 hp.....I rebuilt engine and with my combination of parts makes 252 hp at 4000 rpm...