Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pre-impellers/inducers.. whats your oppinion

chasinTail
    just looking for anyone's thoughs or experiences with pre impellers/inducers. any one see any real gains from them? is there a chance that it will hurt you in the top end? is it snake oil? i think its worth doing.. there are a coupple who have told me their worthless? whats your oppinion? just trying to decide weather or not to get it done. thanks for your help -George

Squirtin Thunder
    If you have the power, YES.
    If you have a big boat, YES.
    If you pull skiers, YES.

chasinTail
    i have a 19' bahner thats getting a 671 littlefield blown 468 chevy motor going into it. i will not be towing any skiers.. projected HP between 675 and 800.. not sure yet what it will make.. not done with the motor combo.. might also be running nitrous ontop of the huffer......

Squirtin Thunder
    i have a 19' bahner thats getting a 671 littlefield blown 468 chevy motor going into it. i will not be towing any skiers.. projected HP between 675 and 800.. not sure yet what it will make.. not done with the motor combo.. might also be running nitrous ontop of the huffer......
    I would definately go with it !!!

SmokinLowriderSS
    The inducer helps to draw water into the suction housing as well as feed the impeller. Maybe it'll cost a couple MPH on the top end but then so will cavitation if your feeding isn't quite sufficient. May also help gain a couple by improving feed accross the impeller face. I think they are most important for acceleration with big HP motors and big impellers (especially bigger than an "A") I know 1500HP drag racers running them so they have SOME value in the mix someplace.

steelcomp
    I would definately go with it !!!
    why would you definately go with it??

steelcomp
    If you have the power, YES.
    If you have a big boat, YES.
    If you pull skiers, YES.
    How does an inducer benefit those three conditions? Are those thr only conditions that you would recommend an inducer?

Duane HTP
    The pre-impellers are a very good piece in their place. To put one in a near stock HP unit would probably be a waste of time and money unless it was a real heavy boat. A heavy boat has a tendency to vacuate the pump throat before it can begin to move fast enough to refill it. There they are a big help. The other place for them is in a HIGH HP application. No matter how good your impeller and set up is, with a good high HP blown motor, you can cavitate the pump off the line. In this application, they are almost a must.
    The only time I have ever seen one hurt top end was when it caused the pump to load better, thus lowering the rpm a little. In this situation, one can retrim the impeller to run at the desired rpm and regain every bit of your mph back,if not more. Also, it becomes necessary on some boats to open up the nozzle just a little when the inducer is put in to handle the extra amount of water it could cause your pump to handle. My experience with over 100 installations have all been good. Yes, I believe thay are a good deal. My .02.

My opinion is some boats need em, some dont. There have been boats that ran them with no gains whatsoever at the races, but Im thinking the average river racer cant go wrong with one.
    I still plan on testing one, along with 5000 other things.

Squirtin Thunder
    why would you definately go with it??
    Because neutral sucks !!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast