Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting Ripped off

meaniam
    look at it and if its not bad. tell him just to do the job, without replacing the wood. you would know better then your bro. what is ok and what is not. you wouldnt have dropped that bayliner from the 80s off in the first place. its all about a throw blanket

coolchange
    Damage control. Tell the guy to either stop and work out whats already been done or hes gonna have to try and lean sale it for the money. I hope he didn't pay up front. Half is what I get up front depending on the boat and customer. Something like that I would recomend the customer call Overtons or such and get ready made seats and just carpet most everything else. 4k could be nothing for an interior but I don't think Bayliner made an OB bigger than 18? :hammerhea

Krazy K
    No offense, but $4000 for upohlestry???? Is it lined in gold leaf??

meaniam
    krazy k what brings you to the mountain

Krazy K
    krazy k what brings you to the mountain
    School...
    My aunt is letting me stay in her basement rent-free while I attend San Bernardino Valley and then Cal State, San Berdo. I'l be helping her with things around the house and cleaning and such to make up for the rent. Once I'm done, I'll probably move back up here, but live out on the coast.

C-2
    It's what you call financing the owners business. He saw a cash flow source, took it and now doesn't have the money to finish the job (since he used the cash to pay bills). Oldest trick in the boat building biz.
    Get the boat back, take it to real shop, have them finish the job and then sue the first guy to recover whatever he was raped for. Make sure it's all documented/with pictures. The more estimates the better. In small claims court, paper talks. This has Judge Judy written all over it.

meaniam
    School...
    My aunt is letting me stay in her basement rent-free while I attend San Bernardino Valley and then Cal State, San Berdo. I'l be helping her with things around the house and cleaning and such to make up for the rent. Once I'm done, I'll probably move back up here, but live out on the coast.
    you familiar with the mountain. maybe ill see you up there one day. just remember the chp sucks. so keep that in mind when you are trying to make a 10min pass. sherrif tend to ride the crestline peeps to

HCS
    He must be rebuilding the whole boat. My brother-in law says it will be done in two weeks. Just in time for our trip. :squiggle:
    OK!!!!!!.............Whatever! :eat:

Mike.A
    Sooooooo,
    Did he fork over the other 1500 or did he work it out ?
    Just Curious. :idea:

Dave C
    wow $4,000 thats alot.
    I paid $1,300 for all brand new interior for my 21 Eliminator. the entire thing.
    Good god!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast