Thread: Wood repair and glassing.

I'm doing a bow eye repair (new wood backing and bulkhead removal and replacement) on a mini day this week. Anyone interested in pics and a tech article?

Rev. Williams
    Very Interested. Any Tips Will Help Bigamist Re-do The Stringers And Bulkhead In My Boat...
    Goodluck, Biggy has retired from glassy!!!

Some Kind Of Monster
    I had to redoo my bow hook as well. Good luck getting in there to tighten the bolts down depending on what type of boat you have. I had to pay theneighbor kid to get in there and tighten mine down!

smart kid!...what'd you offer him??

Mighty Thor
    Just a reminder, you can get extensions for your sockets that are 4 feet long or more. IE: if you can see it you can get a socket on it. Course that doesn't help with the wood or the glass.

Some Kind Of Monster
    I gave him $5..... Yeah im cheap. A 4ft extension wont help you get the nut on the bolt either!!!

JAY4SPEED
    I'm doing a bow eye repair (new wood backing and bulkhead removal and replacement) on a mini day this week. Anyone interested in pics and a tech article?
    Did this project ever get done? I'm interested in the info.
    Jay

Did this project ever get done? I'm interested in the info.
    Jay
    This just goes to show how seasonal I am... It's cold outside so the work stops! I finished the bow eye repair but it turned out much too small in there to get any good pictures. Unfortunately durring the process I uncovered alot of floor rot on the hull. This will need a complete repair and I figured i'd write that one up and take pics of the process. I have a partial disassembly done but have yet to cut out all of the old wood and complete it.