Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KJ-440 Hurry Round Hondo information?

Jet Novice
    How about it MikeF, What kind of speeds were these KJ boats doing in the straightaways?

MikeF
    How about it MikeF, What kind of speeds were these KJ boats doing in the straightaways?
    There are not any records in any of the books I've seen for the blown jet class so I can't say for sure how fast they went. I'd imagine 140 is definately possible but not likely. I gets hard to load the pump correctly above 125, and with a rough water race there is alot of pump unloading going on. Also, slowing down for a turn from that speed in a jet takes a little more room. The two pin course has the longest straights but the 3 pin course they are able carry more speed and will go faster.

Squirtin Thunder
    :crossx:

bigkatboat
    I can tell you that a similar hull with an injected 468" Chevy went 109 (in the mid 9's) at the drag races back in 1984. The hull is very quick, but has some "wetting' problems at higher speeds. For circle racing, it gets in and out of the turns like a flat boat, and I think Rick Lee kept it 'in the water' on the straights. He had enough power to do so. Thanks for the nice words on our work, we have always tried to do our best for everyone, and your boat shows that our pledge of quality is for real! How many parts made today will last over 30 years? Thanks for the kind words, George

Duane HTP
    I had one of those old Hondos set up that way. Raced it in the late 70's as MELLOW YELOW. Went 103 MPH in it at Memphis one race. I lost all of my old racing pictures of it when Hi-Tech Performance got wipped out by the tornado in 1991.

Squirtin Thunder
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/custo...atar1524_1.gif
    Have you thought about selling this boat ???

Jet Novice
    I havent had the Liquid Thunder in the water yet! lol. I was putting a Hawaiian back together as a project when I found this one. Pump was already set back, droop, B impeller, place diverter, tandem trailer, supposedly a "fresh" engine, couple sets of headers, etc. Pretty much all the things I wanted in the first place and would have had to buy for the Hawaiian. I figured the Hondo had to have way more performance potentional than what I was working on, plus I really liked the deck and the overall look. I'll prolly keep it for a while. Gotta have one that'll seat 4. The Hurry Round Hondo only seats 3 which means somebody gets left out. And nobody wants to get left out at my house!

Moneypitt
    Wow, an actual JET K boat to join the NKRA......That would be something to see all restored and on the water with all the other NKRA K boats............MP

dankwhitey
    Siezed jet right now

DaveA
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...001/KJ-440.jpg
    Well, there goes the neighborhood.
    You won't come down from Cloud Nine after reading that...you'll be out this summer pouncing on unsuspecting v-drive owners on Lake Norman...all 2 or 3 of us!
    Dang. I'll have to slow down long enuf to go by your house and see these things after all. I'll bring a map of where my house is on the lake so you won't have an excuse not to drive by someday...cuz I wanna ride!
    Dave

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast