Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need Help With A Decision

HOOTER SLED-
    No worky. You should post this over at Just Jets too. You might get better responses as well. There is nothing but post whores over here who like meaningless threads.

atxwrangler
    definately stay away from the olds, keep the boat you have. i wouldn't have another olds if you gave it to me.change the oil and run the boat. :skull:

piper
    Stay with the BBC!!! No OLDS!!!

'78 gt boat
    Just got back from seeing the other boat. These guys are f'n idiots. They have on their website that the boat has a 455 olds. I get ther and it's a 460 ford motor. It has a brand new edelbrock performer 460 intake with a single 4 barrel carb. I could'nt tell what type of carb. It's a Berkley JE pump with a ride plate, a diverter and trim plates on either side. It does not have a gas peddal, just throttle with the forward and reverse. It seems to have a neutral button you pull out to pump the gas without moving the pump. What do y'all think of it with a ford instead of a olds? I am thinking....... this boat with $2500 in my pocket or the other boat when all is said and done @ $6000 just to run right. Or $500 back from the company and I spend it on getting the plumbing to work right and run the piss out of the thing for the rest of the summer and hope it does not break.

SummitKarl
    Just got back from seeing the other boat. These guys are f'n idiots. They have on their website that the boat has a 455 olds. I get ther and it's a 460 ford motor. It has a brand new edelbrock performer 460 intake with a single 4 barrel carb. I could'nt tell what type of carb. It's a Berkley JE pump with a ride plate, a diverter and trim plates on either side. It does not have a gas peddal, just throttle with the forward and reverse. It seems to have a neutral button you pull out to pump the gas without moving the pump. What do y'all think of it with a ford instead of a olds? I am thinking....... this boat with $2500 in my pocket or the other boat when all is said and done @ $6000 just to run right. Or $500 back from the company and I spend it on getting the plumbing to work right and run the piss out of the thing for the rest of the summer and hope it does not break.
    oh boy now you got yourself in a pickle don't you!!!!!
    now I have to change my mind!!!! BBF all the way!!!!!!!!!!! go with what you know!!!!, I will make you a deal, you buy the BBF boat, make a trip to Havasu, and in a matter of hours, I will make sure you have a turn key boat for years to come, I have close to 30yrs of building Fords, and my BBF is just about to click 5k hours in 30 yrs, and it's NEVER!!!!!!!!!broke or been towed in.
    it starts with a bump of the key even after sitting all winter
    Karl

Throttle
    is that the sales guy reminding you that you are number one?

Miss Perfect
    is that the sales guy reminding you that you are number one?
    haha! funny... I didn't even notice that!

'78 gt boat
    here is the other boat they want to give me
    http://www.hostimage.net/images/78gt/77spectre.jpg
    what do you think??????

'78 gt boat
    that's funny. My thoughts exactly except her is a co-worker. I feel as though these guys are doing that to me behind my back.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast