Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Topock, thumbs up.

TeamGreene
    The new owner is a realy cool guy. We chatted with him for awhile on our last trip. He's out there on the weekends and runs/owns mortuaries (I believe in the high desert) during the week.
    I know him he is nice. His name is Chet Hitt from Apple Valley and the cemetery is Sunrise Hills

BALLSDEEP
    We were there just this past weekend, I have talked to the owner several times he is a really cool down to earth kinda guy. He has made a bunch of improvements, the food is good but there service is horrible. We decided to go to Topak rather than Maki's for breakfast on Saturday Morning. It took forever to get food once we ordered. I am not one to complain but when we spoke to the morning manager he really didnt have anything to say other than your food is coming. I think by the time we ordered ate, and left it took almost 3 hours.

Toomstone
    are we talking about the topock restaurant right by the I-40 bridge?

BALLSDEEP
    Yes

Toomstone
    We went with friends yesterday and even though they still don't have AC it was much better then last time. The wings kick ass and the frozen slime drinks got me all sloppy
    It would be nice if it could be dredged out a little but it wouldn't last i know but we still got through OK, Robert had a mother****er of a time with the current get docked (single screw). Anyhow, the place is coming up I think.
    then what is he talking about with the current?...i havent noticed a current in there???
    Toomstone :crossx:

BALLSDEEP
    I dont know about a current either, maybe its the occasional wind. But I do agree, its getting shallow at the entrance, it would be nice if they could dredge it up.

INSman
    We went with friends yesterday and even though they still don't have AC it was much better then last time. The wings kick ass and the frozen slime drinks got me all sloppy
    It would be nice if it could be dredged out a little but it wouldn't last i know but we still got through OK, Robert had a mother****er of a time with the current get docked (single screw). Anyhow, the place is coming up I think.
    I tried and end spot with twin screws and still could not pull it off :messedup:

BALLSDEEP
    Sometimes its a little tricky. Somtimes its comedy watching from the deck above. Cant tell you how many times you see guys coming into the dock way to hot or sideways and they are screaming at there wifes.

Nord
    I would love to launch out of topock because it is near where I keep the boat, but..their launch ramp sucks!!!! I have bent the back end of the trailer 1 too many times there!!!
    The back of my trailer drops down where the lights are, and I guess the ramp ends too soon or something because it has happened 3 different times!!

Man-de-lone
    The current: I would imagine that as the river level drops the lagoon empties out a bit, flows the other was as the river level rises. The big boats can really blow sideways. Best to go to the left and around the back side of the docks than to use the ones right down in front.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast